Chapter 22: Girl of Steel

Kara sat under the shade of the trees, waiting for the man that had asked her here.

She recalled the time that she had met Mon-El, on Earth and on Krypton.

"Hello, Kara Zor-El. I hope I'm not late."

She looked at Halk Kar, towering over her. Glancing at her watch, she smiled, "No. Well, maybe a little late . . . but kind of on time . . . "

He smiled at the girl.

Kara just returned with an awkward smile.

The man sat down beside her. "So, you're Kryptonian?"

Kara nodded.

"I've always wanted to visit Krypton, but the planet was destroyed before I could."

"Krypton was a nice place, but we were overly greedy with our power. Now, the explosion left us with the radioactive material known to us today as Kryptonite."

"I thought Krypton and Daxam were enemies, I didn't expect to see you so close with a Daxamite, confessing to him, no less . . . "

Kara just sighed, "When we were young, our parents arranged a meeting to make amends, and in doing so, Mon-El and I became friends. When I arrived on Earth, I had forgotten all about it, but something managed to jog my memory."

She looked over at him. "What about you? I've never heard much about Thoron before. Mind telling me about it?"

"Sure." He took a breath. "Thoron is a planet where everyone lives in peace. There is no leader, and everyone has a say in every event."

"That's . . . cool."

~~~~~~~~

For the past while, Kara had sat there so quietly that the man had felt the need to speak. "So, you're Supergirl, right?"

"H-how'd you know?"

"Well, people here know that Kara Zor-El is a Kryptonian, and she is Supergirl. You're Kara Zor-El, so you're Supergirl."

"Yeah, and what about you? What can a Thoronian do on Earth?"

"We basically have the same skill set as Kryptonians, just far weaker."

Kara's eyes widened. "Really? Interesting . . . "

"What is?"

"Well, Daxamites have the same powers as Kryptonians, though their strength and speed are most prominent," Kara said, mumbling, "Though it could just be something Mon-El prefers."

Halk Kar looked at her. "What was that?"

He really didn't have that good of a hearing, did he?

"Nothing. But Daxamites are almost as strong as Kryptonians. I've tried."

Kara looked him over, as she heard him say, "Do you think we . . . could do this again?"

She nodded. "Sure, why not?"

~~~~~~~~

That night, just as Kara plopped herself onto the couch, she heard a knock at the door.

Mon-El.

Reluctantly, Kara stood up and answered the door. True enough, Mon-El stood there, a pack of potstickers in his hands. "Hey, Kara. Can we talk?"

~~~~~~~~

[A/N: I really miss writing this story, so I'll try to post during my exams as well. It is my most effective 'de-stressing' tool after all. But I'll post slower, but not necessarily less. Plus, I've got a new story on my account that I'll update every week because it was pre-written. This story wasn't. So please bear with me, even if updates are less frequent. Thanks!]

P.S. If there's anyone who has read my other Karamel story, 'Our Future', I'm going to be taking it down permanently, until and unless I do come up with an idea for the next chapter. I really appreciate your support! Also, the new story is NOT an Arrowverse FanFiction, but I would still appreciate if you would check it out! It's okay of you don't like it and stop reading, but I did put effort into it.