Chapter 39: Dilemmas

Lex turned, coming face-to-face with National City's beloved superhero. "Or what?"

"Or you'll get this," she punched, but Lex caught it with inhuman ease. It had to be the suit. Lena's gaze flicked to the battleground outside the building and grinned as she spied Winslow Schott dashing toward the building.

There were plenty of D.E.O. agents in this building, and Lena knew exactly which ones to trust. Eve gave her a sidelong glance before she managed to restrain her, a gun held to her temple.

Kara flew backwards from the impact he sent into her gut as Lex gave a cocky smirk at the girl. Mist started to surround his right hand. "What if . . . your boyfriend got what he deserved?"

Lena couldn't do anything when Lex sprayed the mist-like substance all over the Daxamite, who was still mid-flight before he tumbled to the ground.

~~~~~~~~

Kara was frozen.

She couldn't move as Lex sprayed that substance and Mon-El plummeted towards the ground.

Her body betrayed her even further when none other than Maxwell Lord strode in and Lena winced, and Eve Tessmacher pressured the gun on her friend's temple.

"Maxwell Lord here has very kindly informed us of your . . . plan, and Miss Tessmacher over here very willingly decided to join us. After all, aliens cannot be on this world."

Lex growled. "You disgrace the Luthor name."

Kara blinked. "No. Lena's too good for the Luthor name." Then, she launched.

~~~~~~~~

Lena glared at Maxwell Lord. "You sold me out?"

Maxwell Lord smiled grimly, "It was the decent thing to do, especially when word got out that our President is an alien as well."

"Why in the world do you hate our government so much?"

"Because . . . "

"Because what?"

"Because the government killed my family!"

Lena paused.

She payed the exchange of words between her friend and her brother no mind, but something Kara said caught her attention.

"Lena's too good for the Luthor name."

Then, the Kryptonian launched.

Launched for Lex Luthor.

She watched as Lex activated his Lexosuit and caught Supergirl's fist mid-punch.

She forgot about the Kryptonite in the suit.

Kara faced her, using her laser to shoot Eve's hand and she dropped the gun. Lena took that opportunity to spin around, using her elbow to hit Eve's jaw, causing her to stumble backwards.

"Hope, activate."

The blond woman opposite her froze, her gaze turning robotic. "Yes, Miss Luthor?"

"Restrain Lord."

"Yes, Miss Luthor."

Maxwell Lord ignored it. "We can do this together."

"How can I trust you?"

"You can't. But there's no reward without risk, right?"

Lena growled at him, nodding at her 'assistant' for her to stand down. "When Winslow Schott arrives, tell him to reprogram the system."