Chapter 20: Kara Zor-El & Mon-El

Valor smiled at her, "I know, I figured it out."

"When?"

"A few days back. I didn't know when to tell you."

Supergirl gave a grin, "So . . . now that the secret's out, what did you want to say?"

"Well, can we hang out? Not as Valor and Supergirl, or as Mike Matthews and Kara Danvers, but as our true selves: Kara Zor-El and Mon-El."

Supergirl gave him a hug, "I wouldn't mind."

~~~~~~~~

Kara walked onto the street, keeping her glasses on in case anyone recognised her secret identity.

She stepped into the same bar that they had met for the first time, unaware of each other's identities.

Alex had the place cleared so the duo could have their own private time, and Kara silently crept behind the man as his back was turned, "BOO!"

"Kara! Why . . . would you do that?"

"I'm here!" Kara said, removing her lead-lined glasses and placing them into her case.

"Hey, Mon-El?"

"Yeah?"

"How much lead is considered to be 'not lethal' to a Daxamite?"

"What's with the random question?"

"I don't know . . . I guess I just kinda missed you, and now that we're on Earth, I want to know about my childhood pal that I had forgotten about," Kara explained, catching her breath.

"Well, I guess that's alright," Mon-El sat down opposite the Kryptonian girl. "Well, lead in trace amounts are not really effective in taking down a Daxamite, and if lead is coated with something else, we'd be not too affected. But say a normal stick made of lead would cause enough damage and weaken us - possibly to the point where we practically become as powerless as we were back on our home planet."

Kara nodded. Lead wasn't lethal to her, but Kryptonite was.

"What about you? What is the effects of Kryptonite on a Kryptonian like you?"

"W-well," Kara started, "There are many sorts of Kryptonite, and I won't go into too much detail about them all, but if you're asking me about the one that weakens Kryptonians, that would be green Kryptonite. Even a little would be enough to weaken us, imagine what it'd be like if there is a large amount of Kryptonite."

"H-have you ever been hurt to that extent . . . ?"

Kara nodded gravely, "Of course I have. Even Kal couldn't bear it."

"Kal . . . is here?"

"Yeah. He's Superman. You know, the Man of Steel?"

"O-oh. Cool. Why didn't I figure that out? But, isn't Superman . . . older than you? Wasn't Kal-El your younger cousin?"

Kara nodded uneasily, "He is still younger than me. It's just . . . physically, he's twelve years older than me. Kryptonians age at a much slower age than humans, after all. And we did get trapped in the Phantom Zone. Time never passes there, remember?"

Suddenly, Kara made a strange face, and laughed, "It's like the 'Super' name is getting so overused. What's next? Superwoman? Superboy? Superlass? Superlad?"

Mon-El simply laughed, "You Kryptonians are still strange."

An awkward pause filled the room. Kara shifted uncomfortably, and opened her mouth to break the silence.