Chapter 27: Bizarro

Kara sighed as she soared through the skies.

It had been a week, and the intensity of the Black Mercy hadn't worn off, and she could not get over it.

All she could think about was his version of 'paradise', and Halk Kar's confession, of course.

The entire week, she was barely able to talk to Mon-El.

She missed him.

He was the first and only person that could make her genuinely smile, and the first person that she would be able to be her true self around.

~~~~~~~~

Mon-El smiled sadly at a photo of him, Kara and Halk Kar on Krypton.

After he had heard the conversation between Kara and Halk Kar, he was distraught. Following them the next day did not help.

"You asked to meet?"

"Yeah . . . I really need to talk to you about what you said yesterday."

"What . . . what did you want to say?"

Mon-El turned away, unwilling to listen to her words.

Their voices turned to a low whisper, one that even he could not hear.

"I feel so bad . . . but please meet me at my loft every day this week."

"Sure."

He knew what had happened. 

Upset, he flew away.

As he walked, hands in his pockets, Mon-El heaved a sigh. After all that . . . all that they have been through . . . she still didn't share his feelings.

Kara was the one person he would ever truly love . . . but they would likely never share a day together . . . just the two of them . . . not as friends, but as lovers.

As he stared out over the coast, Mon-El drew in a breath sharply and wiped his tears. No point crying over it now.

~~~~~~~~

Kara felt upset. Who knows what Mon-El is feeling right now . . .

This was the last day she would need to meet Halk Kar . . . and it was another big and momentous day.

This was the day she would finally ask him out.

She pulled out her phone and sent him a quick text.

Please meet me at my place at 8pm.
-Kara

With that, she walked to answer the knocking on the door.

~~~~~~~~

As they laid out everything, Kara suddenly heard, in her ears, Supergirl? Are you there?

She tapped her earpiece, "Yeah, I'm here."

Alex's voice on the other end spoke, "Oh, good. I knew that you wouldn't destroy National City."

"Sorry, what? Why on Earth would you think I'm destroying the city I live in?"

"Well . . . there's someone that looks like you and she's rampaging National City . . . I need you to come down now."

"Oh, okay . . . is there anything else?"

"There is a . . . Mon-El lookalike as well . . . "

"Oh . . . great."