Chapter 4: Segara Beyal

Kara seems way too excited for a simple trip, Mon-El thought. He had no clue where they were going, and from the looks of it, no one else in his family did, either.

Despite Mon-El's constant requests to know the location of their trip, the Kryptonians kept quiet, and shook their heads every time someone brought up where they were going. Queen Rhea and King Lar Gand even had to tell off the young Prince for his incessant questions.

"Your Majesties, may I inquire; where, in this universe, would you like to go?"

"Well, apart from travelling to other galaxies, we'd like to see a few places. The Phantom Zone, for example," Queen Rhea answered with a smile.

"Sit tight, and you may want to get some rest. We'll reach our destination in an hour or two," Zor-El told them, the edges of his mouth tugging upward slightly.

Later...

"Wake up, Prince. We're here!"

Mon-El awoke to someone gently shaking him awake. He wanted to throw a fit, when he realised that the person that had awoken him was Kara.

"Your Majesties, may I present: The Well of Stars; the Segara Beyal. We will be staying here for a day or two, but not to worry, time doesn't pass here."

Mon-El seemed fascinated, though he did not fully understand what he beheld. All he knew was that it looked like a sea of stars in the dark night sky, and that it looked beautiful. As beautiful as the girl on his righ- Where was she?

He spotted the Kryptonian Princess seated at a chair in the cruiser. The back was inclined all the way, and she seemed to be counting the stars? Or something else? Mon-El wasn't too sure. He noticed the small yet thick book in her hand, as she seemed to be reading something off of it.

"The . . . "

"Kara," Mon-El greeted as he acted as if he was just walking past.

"Hey, Mon-El! Do you enjoy the view?"

"Yeah, it's uh- great!"

"What do you see?"

"Stars, and other . . . things . . . "

Kara giggled, causing the boy to blush in embarrassment, and something warm fluttered in his heart. He grinned at the girl, a normal, boyish, not-at-all-Prince-like smile. Her laugh was like a melody. Her smile was enough to light up the dimness of his heart. He knew that he was going to miss her once he returned to Daxam.

She went back to studying the Well of Stars. 

"What's that you're reading?"

Not taking her eyes off the book, Kara replied, "A book of Astrology and Astronomy. It was written by the first person who ever found this place."

"Oh? Can you, um, uh - "

"Teach you? Sure."

Mon-El knew the bond him and Kara had was like no other. His parents had told him years ago that all Kryptonians were snobs, and were selfish. Sure, he may have had a bad first impression of her, and he knew the reverse was true, but they grew closer in the course of a few days. No one in the universe would have guessed that him and Kara were from two sister planets. If anything, they would be the one to end the War of Sisters.

Kara gestured to the chair that stood next to hers, smiling, "Have a seat, Prince."

He obeyed. Kara shifted her own chair closer to his as she pointed to the text on the book, which Mon-El could slightly decipher.

"The Star is Home?" Mon-El asked slowly asked, unsure if he had read the words right.

"This is what is known as a nebula. Many stars exist here, and this is the origin of our Red Sun," Kara explained, "See that small red dot on in the distance? It's very, very small. That's how far it has moved over the centuries. Two planets have formed around it, our very own Krypton and Daxam."
[A/N: Do note that I'm not an expert, I just wrote whatever came to mind.]

Mon-El stared into the distance, fascinated.

"What about that one over there?"

"That? It supposedly holds more forms of life. It's a sun as well, a yellow one," Kara stated, reading a passage off of the book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lar Gand, from the far end of the room, said to Alura and Zor-El, "It seems that we have, indeed, misjudged you. Maybe democracy has its merits as well. You have looked after your subjects well."

Alura just gave a gentle, yet genuine smile, "I look forward in seeing how the monarchy of your Kingdom has improved your subjects' lives. Oh, and we don't call them 'subjects' here on Krypton, we call them 'citizens'."

"I'm afraid you won't find them as up to the standard of Krypton."

"I shall be the judge of that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A day later, the two families had returned to Krypton, and were getting ready some necessities to bring to their stay on Daxam with them.

Kara pulled out a small pebble-like structure, stringing it with a silk thread.

She walked over to Mon-El and smiled, her face flushed with colour.

"Here," she hung it around his neck, "you are always welcome here, Prince Mon-El of Daxam."

He blushed, looking at the carved out symbol of the House of El, "Shall we, m'lady?"

She took his hand as they stepped aboard the Daxamite ship.

--------------------

[A/N: I'm sorry if this was short! I had this idea but I didn't know how to put it into words. Anyway, they're finally going to Daxam! They had actually participated in some traditional Kryptonian events and activities, but I won't go into too much detail. I don't know much about Daxam so I won't write too much on it. The early departure gift also has a reason behind it. I managed to write this in a matter of three days! Hope you enjoyed it!]

(Just a side note, they picked the dates when the most events were occurring on both planets.)