Chapter 18: Kara Danvers & Mike Matthews

"Kara Danvers is going on a date!"

"I know! Help me. Please," Kara pouted. Alex just grinned.

"There's no need to beg me. I was already going to."

Kara breathed. "Okay, first of all. Dress or shirt?"

"Uh . . . dress."

Kara pulled out two dresses. A red dress and a blue dress. "Which is better?"

Alex seemed to evaluate them, "Blue. Always go for the blue. Brings out your eyes."

"Okay. Shoes? Heels? Flats? Whaddya think?"

"Uhm . . . what you're comfortable in."

"Any accessories?"

"Okay. Kara, relax. There's no need to get so worked up because of a date. Like Kelly and me." Alex rubbed her sister's shoulder, offering her some comfort.

"O-okay, thanks."

~~~~~~~~

She walked down the pier, trying to look as confident as she could possibly look. She spotted Mike waiting in front of the coffee shop. She ran up to him.

"Hi. Did I keep you waiting?

"N-nope. I just got here five minutes ago. Y-you look great, by the way."

"Th-thanks, Mike."

"Well, shall we?" Mike extended his hand. Kara took it.

"Let's go."

Her eyes lit up as she walked into the coffee shop. It was almost empty. Mon-El walked up to the counter and they brought the two to a private area.

She smiled at Mike. "This is wonderful."

"Didn't take much," he smirked at her. "Just some reservations."

"As they brought the two food and drinks, Kara smiled at the dishes. "This is my favourite! How'd you know?"

"Believe it or not, I actually rang up Alex the other day, and she helped me plan this out." Mike gave her a grin.

Seriously?

"When?"

"A few days back."

As she dug into her food, she tried to look as 'normal' as she could, but with her stuffing her mouth, it was to no avail.

Mike giggled. She was just too cute.

Kara blushed, her eyes lighting up as she heard his laugh. I haven't seen him in years, I really missed him.

She smiled, as she spoke of her job, as a reporter, as Kara Danvers.

"I wish you can spend more time with them, my friends. They're really great people. I'm sure you'd love to be a part of the team."

"Team?"

"Our little group. You know, Alex, Lena, Nia, Kelly, James, Winn, and Sam? Brainy can join too, if he'd like. He seems to be quite 'close' with Nia." Kara smiled, emphasising the word close.

Mike grinned. "You know, Kara. I would like to know more about you."

Kara blinked at his statement. "S-sure. What would you like to know about me?"

Mike looked down at his empty plate, "What's your favourite food?"

Kara laughed, "Is that seriously a question?"