37- A Camp!

Written: 12/Random Days/20

Published: 12/28/20

This chapter is EXTREMELY LONG. Sorry.

     Y/n had all of the cadets lined in front of her. She had some large backpacks, sleeping bags, lanterns, and more camping items beside her on a table. "Listen up, cadets!" The solider yelled. "Today, we will be taking practically everything we have and traveling to a more... mountainy terrain!" Cheers rose out.

      "We're going camping!"

       "This'll be fun!"

     "Have you ever gone fishing in the mountains? It's the coolest."

     "Swimming in a nearby pond and then being freezing after!"

      "Don't you just love to sit by the fire and-"

       "DO NOT BE MISTAKEN." Y/n interrupted. "This is for training! You will be carrying all your things and running there. When we get there, it'll be an ODM test." Y/n was breaking everyone's mood with every sentence. She smirked. "And don't forget, it might rain." She walked over to the table. "Here are all the essentials. You might want to have them, I don't know... you might freeze..."

     The trainees scrambled to get on the stage and grab the essentials. Some people were nervous after they tested the weight. Y/n spotted a certain blond boy looking at the backpack, quite stressed.

     Y/n placed a hand on Armin's shoulder. He turned to see who it was. Y/n gave him a thumbs up. The trainee visibly relaxed. "Don't worry. I know you can get through."

Armin smiled. "Yes, ma'am!"

     "Um... Assistant Head Instructor Y/n?" Bertholdt's shy voice called out. "What exactly will we be doing in the mountains?"

"Well, ODM training, survival training, and if we get to where we are planning and the weather is bad, an intense snow program." Y/n explained.

      "I-Intense snow program?!" Daz shouted. He sneezed.

     Y/n nodded. "Yes, are you feeling well? You don't have to participate if you don't want to, but know that your final score will improve if you participate." Daz's face brightened at the sound of his score improving. "But do not do it if you're sick. It'll only make it worse with how intense it will be."

      Daz nodded. To be honest, he was sick. But everyone else would participate and increase their own scores. If he allowed a little, pesky cold to stop him, he would be left in the dust for sure!

     "We'll be leaving in one hour, so be prepared." Y/n informed. She received yells of 'ok's.

      She headed over to Shadis' office. Bursting open the door, she ignored Shadis' glare. "Head Instructor, are you serious? I read the schedule and that it will rain and snow! This will break them! Especially Arlert... It is a legend when it snows on the battlefield! We don't need to kill cadets!" Y/n argued.

     Shadis scowled. "Ackermann. Even if it is a legend, it is a huge advantage and can save lives. And about Arlert... His determination to keep up with the others will pull him through. Just watch. This will be beneficial for them." Shadis replied.