29- The Operation to Retake Wall Maria

Published 12/3/20

      The five sat in a room with the royal government. There were tons of people (Y/N) didn't know in the room. She felt uncomfortable.

      "Alright, shall we start then?" One man said. "Please state your recommendations for the Shiganshina refugees. We only have two, so this should be short."

      One man stood up and cleared his throat. "I suggest we place all of the refugees in the Underground district." (Y/N) and Levi's eyes widened. "We can give them as much rations as we can but no more and no less."

      (Y/N) slammed her hands on the table. "No way!" All of the people looked at her. "The Underground is not safe! The refugees won't survive one week down there. The streets are horrible, the women will especially be targeted. The people who were already there will begin stealing the rations." (Y/N) spoke from her heart. She knew first hand how awful the place was. She was about to give more reasons, but Erwin held up a hand.

     "Who has the next suggestion?" One asked.

     The next man stood up, paper in hand. " That is me. I suggest we that we don't let the refugees inside. All of humanity can not live within Wall Rose. Throw out to the titans."

      (Y/N) gasped. Everyone was appalled.

     "That's barbaric!" One yelled.

     "But those are worthless lives we're talking about."

      "I stand for it."

     "You...You cowards." (Y/N) said. Everyone in the room turned to her. "You pigs are just trying to save your wealth." She said.

      "What did you say?"

     "Scout, know your place!"

     "I don't know why you are in here when your regiment is trash."

      "That's right, you're soldiers and we are citizens. Your place is lower."

     Erwin spoke out loudly. "Please, maybe there can be some kind of compromise."

     "Please expand, Erwin." One said.

     (Y/N) was eager to see how Erwin would get out of this. She knew they couldn't say something completely out of the question. They unfortunately would have to suggest something horrid but make it as least horrible as possible.

     "I suggest a scouting mission occur. Those who are old enough to participate and join the army will join the next scouting mission to reclaim the wall." He explained.

     (Y/N) inwardly gaped. How many casualties will there be thanks to this? Scouts will probably die protecting the unskilled citizens. (Y/N) concluded.

     Many people muttered in understanding. It seemed they were sold.

      "Now then, shall we vote?"

      "Those for the first suggestion, please raise your hand." Quite a few people raised their hands. "And now for the next suggestion." Roughly three people raised their hand. "And, the final suggestion." Several hands rose, deciding the fate of the refugees. The five scout rose their hands since that would most likely produce the least amount of deaths.

     "Very well. The refugees who are old enough to participate, will join the survey corps in the next mission. Their goal will be to reclaim Wall Maria."

      (Y/N) thought for a second. Old enough, huh. Luckily, it seems Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie, Armin, Mikasa, and Eren are too young. But...Armin's grandpa is old enough. (Y/N) clenched her fist. These brats have been through a lot.