Chapter 11

A month later

It had become tradition for Elena and Kol to do a fun night with the kids once a week. They usually would do it on sunday. And do something with the others on Saturday the day before.

Elena somehow got them to start calling him Dad. And it made her happy. She liked that they were getting to know there father.

It was 6:30 on Monday, Kol had just gotten off of work at 6. He was heading Home. When he got there he walked inside and heard Laughing. He walked inside where he found Hayley and Elena in the kitchen with the five kids making cookies. All of them having flour all over them. They hadn't seen him yet he was standing against the doorway.

Elena ruffled Kylie and Kyles hair. Kylie's was a little long then Kyle's and was in two pigtails. As she ruffled there hair the flour flew out. He smiled watching them shake the flour off of themselves. All fiver kids were head to toe in flower and so were Elena and Hayley.

"Why didn't we make brownines." Hayley whinned. She hated that there was flour everywhere and knew that they weregoing to have a hard time cleaning this up.

Elena side-eyed Hayley."You rather have chocolate everywhere. It would have still ended the same way. Except now we have more cookies."

"Yeah flours good." Hayley chuckled.

Kylie started to spin around. When she spotted Kol."Da-da" She ran to him.

He picked her up."Hi princess."

Hayley and Elena turned towards him."When did you get here." They hadn't notice that he had come in. They had been to distracted with the kids.

"5 minutes ago." Kol shurgged.

Josie and Lizzie looked at there uncle and shouted."COOKIES." Elena and Hayley smiled at how happy the kids were. They loved doing things with them.

"I got roped into baking." Elena shrugged.

Kol smirked at the two girls."Thats gonna be fun to clean."

Hayley and Elena looked at eachother then they both looked at him and returned the smirk. They both knew the easiest way to get him to help. "Were not sharing what we made if you don't help us."

Kol shook his head at the two girls."You can't do that its my kitchen."

Hayley crossed her arms over her head and glared."Well we also gave birth to them. And made the cookies for them. Who cares if its your house."

Kol sat Kylie down and sighed."How about i go change out of this stupid suit and come and help you two."

Elena smiled and nodded."Deal. Then will share." They needed all the help they could get and they knew that when Caroline got back that she wouldn't be helping them.

--

The Hayley was putting the cookies on cooling trays.  Elena was setting the next pan up to go inside the over. The kids were wiping the flour off of eachother. Kol walked back into the kitchen. He now had on a white- T and sweats."We let Lily leave so we could start cookies."

He got a broom and started to sweep up the flour. Elena put the next pan of cookies in. There was a knock at the door.

Elena went and opened it. Caroline was standing there with Pizza and clothes."I grabbed clothes for them after Hayley there was flour everywhere. I can she meant everywhere." Caroline was happy to Elena so comfortable here and even happier that the kids were enjoying themselves

"Come in lets go."

They walked into the kitchen Caroline looked towards Elena."How about me and Hayley take the kids to clean up while you finish how many more you got."

"One more pan." Elena went over to the over to start setting up the next one.

Caroline looked at Kol."They put you to work." She was glad that he was helping him because she wasn't going to do it.

"Yeah."

Caroline went and picked up Kylie while Hayley grabbed Kylie. Both getting flour or more flour on themselves."Lets go get y'all changed. Come Hope Lizzie Josie." They all headed upstairs.

Elena finished the pan and turned to Kol who was sweeping up the flour. After about 15 minutes. He looked up at her."How did y'all get flour everywhere."

"It was really easy." Elena smirked. She picked up a little flour  and threw it at him."See its really easy." She knew she was in for it but it was totoally going to be worth it.

"I'm going to get you for that Gilbert." He went over and picked some up throwing it at her. They started to go back in fourth. Both of them getting covered in flour.

Elena put her hands up in surender."I SURRENDER." They were both head to toe flour. She switched the pans, putting the last one inside. She looked at him and glared."We have to clean this up before they get down here."

--

Hayley and Caroline set up a move for the kids. Then walked into the kitchen. All the cookies were done and Elena was bagging them. All the flour was up but Elena and Kol were both head to toe in flour.

Hayley shook her head and hissed."Y'all threw flour." They did not need the kids getting dirty again but she couldn't help but smiled at how they look.

Elena turned to them,"It was fun i have no regrets."

Caroline chuckled."Lets make plates and eat but why are there so many bags how many cookies did y'all make,"

Hayley and Elena looked at eachother. Hayley turned towards Caroline."I don't think you want to know." They had wanted the kids to each have there own and for the adults to also get there own.

Elena nodded."So Elijah, Hayley Klaus Kol You me Rebekah Stefan Bonnie and Henrick Then all five kids have a bag we made 15 dozen everyone gets a dozen cookies."

Caroline and Kol looked at them crazy."How long have you been home."

Elena smiled."I got out at 330 today. We've been making cookies since 4 and we can fit a lot in your oven."

--

The next day Elena went to work. She was walking into a paitent's room. She grabbed the chart and walked in looking at it. Paitent Name: Katherine Maria Gilbert.

She looked up at her sister. Katherine snarled at her."Ugh its you."

"Hi Katherine how can i help you today." Elena asked. She kept her voice calm and nice.

"Well sister i can't have kids but you know that already and i want to be a mother."

"And being with Damon Salvatore is the best idea."

"I don't have a choice ok"

"Excuse me. What is that supposed to mean you don't have a choice." She hated her sister so much and what she was saying didn't make much sense to her.

"I was drunk the first time i slept with him i didn't know. He persuaded me he said that you'd never take the next step i looked just like you he tricked me into signing something. I can't leave i don't have a choice you got pregnant and got to flee. And come back to get the rich life. I don't get that."

Meredith walked in."Elena you don't have to stay if you don't want to."

"It's fine."

"Katherine we've been over this the only way you can have a kid is if A you get a surgate or B you adopt. It doesn't seem to be in the cards for you. I'll leave you two to talk." Meredith walked out.

"Elena i'm sorry i didn't mean to hurt you. But i didn't have a choice he controls me and there is nothing that i can do about it."

"What? Do you really think i buy this."

"Its the truth Elena. I can't leave him unless i produce an heir."

"You have no proof why should i believe you i need time Katherine do you know how much i have been through i just need time. I have kids to worry about. I have a life i just need time." Elena turned and walked out