Epilogue

Elena woke up in the middle of the night and realized that Kol wasn't beside her she got up slowly and walked out she seen Madalynn's door was opened. She walked to it slowly she was standing by the doorway watching him rock her. It was truly a beautiful sight.

There were times like this when she was glad she didn't run again. Where she had been glad that she had stuck around and that they had the life that they did. She got lucky this time around and she didn't want to lose it. She couldn't lose it she didn't know if she would be able to handle it afterward.

She walked into the nursery she was a little surprised but not really at the fact that he had gotten up for her." Is she sleep?"

He nodded standing up to carefully lay her in her crib. He had missed raising Kylie and Kyle for the first year of their life and he wasn't going to miss raising her. He was surprised she was up he was really trying to leave her sleep it was not easy for her raising three kids."What are you doing up?"

Elena shrugged she didn't really like waking up and he wasn't there and she wanted to make sure Madalynn was ok. Mothers lived to worry about their children and nothing could ever change that. "I moved and realized that you weren't laying next to me figured that you would have come to check on her."

He knew why she woke up she wasn't wrong to but he didn't want her to spend all her time worrying about Madalynn."Elena she's fine she just needed to be changed and wanted another bottle."

"Hey I'm her mother  I'm supposed to worry about her." She heard a door open and seen Kyle come out of his room. It was her job as a mother to pay attention to her kids and be their when they needed her. It was basically her job description. 

"Mommy I scared"

Elena went and picked him up she knew that he was afraid of the dark so she wasn't to worried about him being up right now."Come on let's get you back to bed. I promise there is nothing to be scared of." She walked him back into the room turning out the night light that she had thought to buy him a couple of months ago when she realized that he was scared of the dark. She laid him under his cover tucking him in."I'll stay right here until you go to sleep ok."

"Thank you, mommy."

"No problem baby." She was a mother first before anything else and that would never change.

When he had finally drifted off she had quietly gotten up and walked out the room leaving the door open a crack she headed back to her room where Kol was already.

"He go down."

"He's scared of the dark it's not his fault that he is scared of the dark." She understood why he was young the house was huge and scary he had a right to be scared of the dark.

Kol knew that she was tired and that she just wanted to go back to sleep. He also knew that their was nothing wrong with being scared of the dark no matter what age he was."I didn't say that it was Elena I understand he's young and the dark scares him there is nothing wrong with being scared of the dark at his age."

She sighed and climbed in the bed she just wanted to go back to bed and not wake up until the morning came."I just want to go back to bed."

He wrapped his arms around her pulling her against them. One thing that she could say was he was happy that she didn't leave when she found out she was pregnant. They were a family and they were always going to be a family and nothing was going to change that.

==

Their might be some bonus chapters i just have to find the inspiration to write them