Chapter 10

It was sunday the day before Elena started her job. Elena had changed Lily's schedule more 10-7. Only Monday-Friday. She gets Saturday and Sunday off. Elena got a schedule from Meredith. 12-5 Monday thru Friday. She liked only being there for 5 hours. She could spend most of her free time with her kids.

She was sitting on the couch with Kylie. Who was leaning against her. Kol was chasing Kyle around the house. He finally got him and came to sit on the couch. He looked at her."You alright."

Elena nodded and chuckled."I'm fine it was fun watching you trying to chase him"

"It was fun." He turned towards her."Nik's making me a new schedule i'm guessing that you got to him."

"Yes i did. I'm working 5 hour days you can work 8 but i want you around your kids. You wanted us here were here. But that means that you have to be around to."

Kol agreed if he wanted to know his children that did require that he was around."Fine. Your right i want to know them. That does mean that i have to be around to be around them." 

"See i'm right. And i was also bored." Elena stood up making sure that Kylie was good on the couch and went to the near by closet and grabbed bag out and dragged it over to them. She went over and grabbed more before closing the closet and returning to her seat.

She unpacked the bags. One had two mini beanbag chairs for the twins to sit in. When they seen they both started to clap and got up and went to there's. The other bag had snacks. For them and for Elena and Kol.

"What did you plan." Kol asked.

"I know nothing about your life except what your sisters have told me. You don't know nothing about me we live in the same house raising our twins. And i got a movie Animal crackers and juice for them. I got alcohol for us."

Kol shook his head and smirked."Don't you start work tomorrow."

"I do but 1 cup won't hurt i always had a high tolerence when you came that day at the bar i was on my 7th."

She turned on Frozen and got them each a plate for the kids snacks.

"Fine what we playing Gilbert. No drinking games bad parenting."

"1 cup. I promise."
--
He didn't know why but he felt as if he could open up with her."When i was 13 my dad started grooming me to take over the company. He knew that Nik was not his son. He didn't want Freya because she had come out as Bi. He knew that Finn was close with Freya. Elijah was close with Nik. I was next in line. I didn't have a problem with it i liked our company but then i had no time for myself. I couldn't do anything. Thought that there was no chance at kids or doing anything but working. I watched as Nik had 3 kids. Married Caroline. Elijah slowly fell in love with Hayley. Them four relationship is weird but it works and Josie Lizzie and Hope couldn't be happier with there lives. I watched Freya and Finn fall in love. Even my younger sister. But all i do is work. I miss when i used to love my job and now i hate it."

"Then change it you are the boss. It's your company you don't like it fix it."

--

The next day when Elena woke up it was 8. They four of them were still in the living room. She was laying on Kol's chest. She slowly got up and looked at seen Kyle and Kylie still sleep. They were using the beenbags as pillows and had covers drapped over them. She didn't remember how she had ended up using Kol as a pillow but he was comfy.

She got up and went to the kitchen she stared coffee. She smiled remembering last night. They had gotten to talk. She hadn't quite opened up to him. And wasn't sure if she could. But she got to tell him about how it was since she left Mystic Falls. He had told her about how he got the company  and why his dad had given it to him instead of the others. It was weird to her the reason but she understood where his father had been coming from.

She went to go take a shower while the Coffee started. She put on a tank and black leggings. She was just going to put her work clothes over when it was time for her to go.

She heard a groan and knew who it was from. She took the towel that was in her hair off letting her wet curls fall. She headed downstairs and Kol was sitting up on the couch. She wouldn't say this to him or anyone else but he was cute when he was sleeping.

Elena looked at her son and daughter who were still sleep on the floor. She smiled. She loved how peaceful they looked."They'll be asleep a little while longer. "

He nodded and looked over to her. He to had enjoyed talking with her last night. He never really got to talk to someone who would actually listened to him about it.  A lot of people didn't get the pressure that he went through."You ok."

"I want Coffee. Want some." He nodded. Coffee did sound good before the dead he knew was coming.

Elena walked into the kitchen. She grabbed two cups. She sat them down and went and grabbed the creamer and sugar. She made the Coffee put the stuff away and grabbed the Coffee and went back into the living room. She handed him a cup.

He took it and sighed."You ready for your first day."

"I like working sue me." She sat next to him."At least you work in the same building your kids are in. I don't get that oppurtunity anymore."

Kol sighed and stood up."I'll be busy all day. I might not even have that oppurtunity. I'm going to go get in the shower. "

"Alright"
--

Kol had left to work and it was just Elena and Lily. The twins were still sleeping on the floor."I'm going to go get my uniform on. And then get them ready to go to Bonnie's and head to work."

"Ok."

Elena went and got her uniform for work. The blue scrubs that Meredith told her she would need. She got ready grabbed her bag and  packed there bags. She went to wake them up. Both of them not happy to be woken up started to cry. Elena got them dress Kylie in a Blue shirt and blue pants with black flats. The shirt read Mama's little girl. She got Kyle dressed in a black shirt with blue pants and black shoes that latch over the top.

She put the two into there carseats. She called Bonnie."Hello."

"Hey it's Elena can i drop them off right now."

"Yeah i'll up the door you can just come in."

"Alright thanks."
--
Elena goes over and walks. In Bonnie was sitting on the couch. She got up and walked over to Elena and the twins."Hi Elena how was your morning."

"Good there mad i woke them up. I gotta go today's my first day but i get off at 5. I'll come get them do you just want me to call when i get off."

"Yeah thats fine." Bonnie said."Why are you so happy to work."

"It keeps me sane. Which is something that i really need." Elena said.

"Alright well have a good day."

--

Elena arrived at the office and walked to Meredith's office. She knocked on the door."Come in."

She walked in and Meredith was sitting at the desk."Morning."

Meredith looked at her."Morning Elena, I am going to have you working with me. Your going to be helping with the paitents that i have. It might be easier then what you did in New York simple cases maybe a few pregnancy check ups. We do it all her. I have a whole range of different types of paitents but everything should be alright."

Elena nodded in understanding."Alright."

"Ok lets get started."
--
After work Elena headed to Mikaelson incorportated. She had already called Bonnie and found out where she was going to be. When she got there she met with the new desk lady and went up to see Kylie and Kyle. She walked into the room. She seen the kids all sitting down. Bonnie was reading a book to them."

She closed the door and watched as Bonnie finished reading. She loved that they were all listening so intent. All the kids started to clap in excitement.

Bonnie looked up and seen Elena."I didn't see you there."

The four kids turned and seen her. Kyle and Kylie got up and ran to there mother."Mama."

"Sorry i scared you. I didn't want to distract you and they looked like they were really enjoying it."

"It's fine i never knew someone so silent."