Chapter 1

Elena Gilbert lost everything. Her boyfriend cheated on her with her sister. Her mother and father were dead. Her brother believed her over her twin sister. And everything was going down hill. She was 23 and a graduate from college with a degree in nursing. She didn't know what she was supposed to be doing in her life.

She was sitting in the Mystic Grill. She was thinking about leaving town soon. She couldn't stay here this town wasn't for her. Someone came and sat next to her."Long time no see."

She turned and seen Kol Mikaelson."Mikaelson. Same but again not everyone has a rich family to fall back on some actually have to figure out how there gonna survive in the world," It was no secret they weren't friends. They could have been but in high school he had this uncanny quality to fight her boyfreinds.

"I actually do work. At my parents company that i now own. And am CEO of. Just because my parents are rich doesn't mean i don't have to work." Kol said.

"Oh good for you. Your  a rich billionare who has to work to continue his lifesyle." Elena stood and put a twenty down."I actually have to go find a job so that i won't be on the streets considering that all of my family is either dead or they hate me because there all selfish."

Kol turned to look at her."What happened between you and Rebekah y'all aren't close anymore."

"Well its not wise having a best friend that is a billionare she lives a certian life and i don't want to be apart of it. What do you want why are you talking to me."

"Haven't seen you around your the good one." Kol said.

Elena shook her head. She really didn't understand him."What is that supposed to mean."

"You never were in drama now there are people that hate you what happened."

"Life happened. My twin sister hates me. She ruined my life i have to find a hosptial to work at or i'm going to be homeless."

"Can i walk with you."

"Why we were never friends,"

"Maybe i just need someone to talk to."

--  Few weeks later

Elena was at home throwing up. She really did not feel good.There was a knock at her door. She wiped her mouth off and washed her hand and went to open the door.

It was Meredith she had a check up a few days ago."Elena your a month pregnant. I hadn't had time to look at your results then i did."

"Excuse me." Elena gulped she was scared. She didn't need this. This is the last thing that she needed."I'm moving to New York like now."

"Elena what's wrong." Meredith asked. She had never seen Elena so frightened or scared. Elena was strong she was stubborn she didn't let people control her someone messed with her they knew she was going to have an attitude.

"I'm pregnant and i've only been with one person in the last two months. So that means i am going to New York away from this town. Away from these people and i'm going to start a better life for myself."

"Elena is that safe going to New York that is a big city. You'll me there by yourself are you sure that this is what you want to do."

Elena looked at Meredith."I'm pregnant by a Mikaelson Meredith. If i stay here i'll be forced into that family. I can't do that i won't be able to handle it."

"I think your having twins Elena." Meredith said.

"More of a reason that i need to go to New York. Esther Mikaelson and I already do not get a long. If she finds out that i am pregnant then she'll go after my kids. I can't have that. She wants an heir to bad. I heard Caroline is in that family and she was already pregnant. I heard there's another kid. Well I don't want mine in it and i will not allow it cause they do not deserve that."

"I won't tell anyone Elena. Please stay safe."

"I will Meredith."

--

Elena was used to having to make harsh decisions. Her mother and father died when she was 16. Her and her best friend had a falling out over  something really stupid. Her boyfriend cheated on her with her twin sister. Now her brother hates her.  She knew that her life was about to change. But also that it needed to.