2. Sticky situation

A/N: This buckskin is how I imagine horse George. The coat is his skin color and the mane and tail his hair, so it was pretty much the perfect choice 😂

🐴🐴🐴

It took a while for George to adjust to his new body. He tried to take a step, and then another.

So far, so good. He could do this for sure! He could even enjoy it. One of the main differences was that his old color blindness was now gone, and the city was lit up in color. It was so much more beautiful even though it was mostly grey.

This would for sure come in handy.

The joy didn't last for long. It was in the middle of the day, still, and the street was empty right now but there could still come people at any time.

And as expected, someone did. It was a man who exited a store, and immediately pointed at George.

"Horse on the run!" the man yelled, and it didn't take long until more people appeared. Not knowing what to do, George turned around and bolted away as fast as his four legs could carry him.

He ran fast, surley at least triple the amount of his normal speed. He quickly learnt how to do and was able to gallop even faster, running far away from all human.

He arrived at the park after only a short while, making him realise how close it actually was to his home. Sure felt like ages when walking.

What now? He had nothing to do, no goals and no plans. He had to do some kind of task which he knew nothing about. Maybe he should try to find Dream? It was impossible to know what day it was, he might've already left England. Going to the United States as a horse... that was no easy task.

He was lost.

🐴🐴🐴

It didn't take long until George was found again, this time by a younger woman who slowly approached him.

"Hey there, buddy!" she spoke slowly, and he turned to look at her. "That's right! Good boy!"

George didn't enjoy being talked to like a pet at all. Of course, as a horse, he would probably have to get used to that, but maybe not just right now. Instead he snorted and backed away from the stranger, not sure what she would do with him.

"He's here, Jenny!" said the woman to another, who now appeared from a distance. She carried a rope in her hands which she slowly and carefully put around George's neck. He allowed her to do so, running wouldn't work out in the end anyways.

"We should take him to the closest stables," said the lady with the rope, the one called Jenny. "Maybe he ran away."

"Good idea," said the first one. "I'll call Jasper."

Meanwhile the first woman picked up her phone, Jenny gently pulled the rope and George followed her. If the body he had transformed into already had a home, he could just stay there. Having a place to stay was the most important thing right now.

After about five minutes of walking they approached the stables. George had seen it before, but never actually visited. The horse's pastures could be seen from his window and was sometimes heard on stream.

An older man came to meet them, George would guess he was about fifty. The man looked suprised at their arrival but still reached out to take the rope from Jenny's hands.

"Long time, no see, Jasper," smiled the first lady. "We found this guy on the street and chased him down just five minutes ago."

"Indeed, it's been a while. This horse is not mine, unfortunately."