10. The next generation

A/N: This was originally Spirit and friends, just recoloured :)

🐴🐴🐴

George was trapped.

He spent at least an hour in the new stall, kicking the walls and banging his head into it.

Both Dawn and Texas had calmed down since long, but they didn't know how he felt. He was so close to Dream now, he couldn't get trapped.
Not again.

"Henry, the mare and gelding are calm like lambs", said one of the two men still in the barn. "They must be owned by someone. I don't know about the stallion, thought..." The man talking was one of the two still left in the barn.

"He's probably just scared. I'm sure he'll come around with some good food and time in the pastures," replied the other man, he who was called Henry.

"Yeah, but- shouldn't we like... call around and ask if anyone missed three horses?"

"No, don't." Henry turned around and looked the other dead in the eyes. "We are in need of extra horses. If anyone asks, we bought them, okay?"

"Gotcha."

"And James... get Cassie. She can handle the stallion."

James nodded and left the barn, leaving Henry alone. He turned towards George.

"You are a special horse, aren't you?" he said. George stopped kicking for a second to give him a death stare, but he just laughed. "Don't you worry, cowboy. We're gonna break you."

Break? That sounded nothing but bad. George snorted at him, and he left.

"George?" It was Dawn this time, and her voice made him look up. She was placed in a stall pretty far from his. "Why are you acting like this? Like a wild horse?"

"I'm not! I'm just trying to show that I want to get out. I have to find Dream, did you forget?"

"I didn't forget. But you have to think too. If we are nice to them, our escape will be unexpected and they won't be prepared."

"That... does sounds smart. But I need to get out now!"

"George." She gave him a serious look. "We will get away from here, I promise you."

🐴🐴🐴

A few hours later, the men returned, this time along with a muscular looking girl. George knew she was with them during the capture but never got a close look. Her blonde hair was tied up in a pony tail and a bright red lipstick smeared on her plump lips. He assumed this was Cassie.

"So this is the guy?" Cassie said and walked up to him with a dazzling smile. George immediately pulled back his ears, completely forgetting what Dawn had said. He just had to take one look at the girl to know he didn't like her.

"Yep. He's crazy, isn't he?" James placed himself beside her.

"Not in a few weeks," she smiled even brighter, and George backed as far into the wall as he could.

"Good luck," laughed John and then went over to put a halter on Texas. Dawn had gotten one as well and now both of them were led out. George neighed in dispair after them.

"Don't worry!" said Cassie. "If you let me put a halter on you, you can go out too."

She opened the stable door only the slightest, and George saw his chance. He stormed towards her, but she didn't move. Instead his chest was hit by a whip.