9. Adventuring time

🐴🐴🐴

On the fifth day, the boat finally stopped. At that point both Dawn and Texas had gottened horribly seasick, and they complained a lot about it. George managed better than them, but he wasn't going to admit that he too felt ill.

During the arrival day, George had been hiding inside an almost empty truck, and to his dissapointment, so had Dawn and Texas. He had thought all the ignoring had showed them clearly he didn't want them, but stubborn as they were, they still followed him anywhere he went.

Sometimes, he felt like their parent or older sibling. They looked up to him, but he didn't want them to.

"Are we here?" Dawn said, excitement in her voice as the vechicle's motor started.

"I believe we are," Texas stated, sparkles in his eyes. "George, are we?"

He shrugged for an answer.

They felt the truck starting to move, and soon broad daylight leaked through the truck's thin windows.

Finally, they were away from the ocean.

George balanced his front legs on a box to reach up to a window, and he saw a huge city outside of it. A very familiar city, actually.

New York.

This was very far from Florida.

"Where are we?" asked Texas.

"Uh... in New York."

"Oh." Dawn looked a bit dissapointed. "So it's not the United States."

"Well- it is, but not where I need to go."

"It doesn't look like a huge meadow." Texas too had copied George to look out the window.

"I- Ugh, why are you two so stupid?" George stomped his hoof in the floor out of frustration. Frustration of the two horses, frustration of the fact that he just couldn't find Dream.

He wanted to give up. In defeat, he sank to the ground.

Both of the others stared at him.

"Sorry," he muttered. "But I need you to leave, here and now. I'll continue with the truck."

"No way!" Dawn said. "I'll go with you."

"And me too!" Texas stated.

"Please, I can't have you with me. All I want is to find Dream and you- you kind of make that harder."

Texas seemed to understand that, because he stayed quiet. Dawn, however, pulled her ears back and took a step towards him.

"Harder?" she snapped. "Do you even know how much we helped you, George? I helped you escape London, Texas helped you in that shelter. I helped you with the road thing. I distracted them. We have both given you information, company and support. There is no way you would be here without us. I don't know who this Dream guy is, because you keep everything secret from me, but I know for a fact that he won't ever help you as much as we have. How, exactly, have we made things harder?"

Complete silence.

George just stared at her in disbelief. He had never thought that mare had so much words in her, and while it scared him, it also made him respect her on a whole new level.

When he didn't answer, Dawn continued.

"We are going with you whether you like it or not. Until we, just like you, find a place to stay, we won't leave you out of sight. You're not the only one with a goal."