11. How did we get here?

A/N: This one is fully by me! I really enjoyed making it ^^

🐴🐴🐴

It had been another day now, and Dream had fully gone back to Minecraft.

Truthfully, he didn't dislike it as much as he had thought. The only thing that still overwhelmed him was all the donations.

Thousands and thousands of donations, all asking him how he felt and what had happended. Every time he told the story it was shorter than the time before.
"I visited George, I crossed a road not looking and he pushed me out of the way. Then... he was gone."

Dream always skipped the part where they argued. He didn't want to talk about why they had done that, he kept it short and simple so that no questions would come.

Or that's what he though, at least.

"Why were you visiting?"

"Why didn't you look?"

"Why did you let him die?"

Luckily, most of his friends noticed the behaviour of the fans and encouraged Dream to take a break - at least from streaming. But Dream refused. There was still some loyal fans who did not ask about George, and he missed them. He missed the old days.

"You need something to distract you, then." It was Sapnap, Dream had been talking to him quite a lot more lately. "Why don't you come over here?"

"To you?" Dream chuckled. "What, so that you die too?"

"What? That's not what I meant!"

"I know. It's just... I still feel like it's my fault, and I put some kind of curse on everyone I meet."

"It was not your fault! No one thinks that. Please, come. I want to talk in person, I think it would be better."

🐴🐴🐴

And so it was decided.

Despite Dream's protests, he finally agreed to go see Sapnap. He left only the day after, starting to drive the whole way to Houston.

It was going to be a long thirteen hour ride. He was on a call with Sapnap for the first hours, talking about pretty much everything. After that, he called Bad, and then Sapnap again.

"You're half way there!" Sapnap exclaimed after a six and a half hour drive. Dream let out a loud yawn.

"Yay," he said sleepily.

"Ah, come on. It'll be so fun to meet up again!"

"I know, I know. I'm just tired."

"I get it. It's a good thing I have a very nice guest room, then."

Dream was now driving through plain fields. There was almost nothing here, just a few barns up in the distance every now and then.

A few particular pink fields caught his attention. He wondered what flowers they were.

And then, he felt the car slowing down.