16. Best friends forever

A/N: Art by @eliwebr7 on twitter, redesigned to be Dream as the rider instead

🐴🐴🐴

George watched Dream exit the car. Why was he back? Did he forget something?

But then Sapnap wouldn't be here, right?

George couldn't really complain. It was so long since he saw Sapnap, he was happy to have him here as well.

Henry was the first person to exit the main house and he walked over to them so fast he was almost running.

"Dream!" Henry said upon reaching them.
"You're back already?"

"I had to," the other replied with a light smile.

"Who's your friend?"

"Call me Nick," Sapnap immediately said.

"We would like to stay for a while if that's okay," Dream continued. "We'll obviously pay. I can also help you with George, and maybe even the other horses?"

"That would be amazing! We would love to have you both on the ranch."

George turned away from them again, losing interest. But soon, he heard footsteps as Dream and Sapnap approached.

He pulled back his ears. Dream had still left him just like that! He had very much the right to still be angry.

"So this is him?" Sapnap asked. At the sound of his voice, George turned around to face him, ears rising.

"Yep," Dream confirmed. "This is George the horse."

"He really does look like him." Sapnap reached out a hand over the fence, and before Dream was able to stop him George took a step fowards and let him pet him.

"He likes me!" Sapnap exclaimed. The happiness in his voice was heartwarming. Maybe Dream had told him about his usual behaviour.

Dream also raised a hand, but George pulled his ears back again and backed.

Dream sighed. "Are you still mad at me?"

"Don't be mad, Gogy," Sapnap smiled. George snorted at the nickname. "He doesn't deserve it."

With a sigh that couldn't be heard, George moved his head over to Dream. Maybe he was just overreacting.

Feeling Dreams hands on his skin felt wonderful, and shortly after George pushed his head against his chest like he usually did. He had missed these hugs every night.

Maybe he could forgive Dream, at least for now. And for the cuddles.

"What happened here?" Dream asked. George opened his eyes and saw his friend looking at the many whip marks across his neck and chest.

"Cassidy." Henry had appeared, watching them both interact with George at a safe distance. "It was last night. We kicked her out."

"I wondered where she was," Dream mumbled. "Poor George. He didn't deserve it."

"Absolutely not," Henry agreeded.

George flicked an ear. He wasn't sure why Henry pretended like he hadn't whipped George too. Maybe it was because he was under the influence of Cassidy then? He had actually never done it on his own will.

It was confusing. But one thing was for sure - Dream was back, and it was wonderful.

🐴🐴🐴

The next day was eventful.

George watched Dream learning to ride. It dissapointed him that Dawn was the horse they chose for the job, but it was understandable. They wouldn't want a newbie to ride him as their first horse.