12. A seedy place

🐴🐴🐴

George had known it was Dream the second he saw him.

Those dirty blonde locks and emerald green eyes were unmistakable, it had been the very real Dream who had whistled to him from outside the pasture.

George had been so filled with happiness and excitement he couldn't stop himself from running over the second he realised, or from giving the guy all love he possibly could.

He was thankful Dream didn't walk away when Henry told him to.

Hearing his voice talking to him gave him butterflies, and his soft hands stroking his neck and head sent shivers down his spine. But he loved it. He loved that Dream was touching him, even thought it was an unusual place.

He loved that Dream was here.

For the rest of that day, George had been jumping around the pen like an eager child, giggling and constantly waiting for Dream to come out from the main house. His heart was lighter than it had ever been.

Dawn and Texas soon understood something was up, and George told them that his friend was actually here.

So then they too went to greet Dream. He happily gave them pets as well. Since when was he so positive towards horses?

He didn't overhear a lot of what Dream talked about with the owners, but George did catch that his car had broken down and he had went to get help.

He wondered why Dream was out driving so far from his home. Or was he actually in Olando now? He should be somewhere in Georgia, if his calculations had been correct.

And now, of course there was a big chance they weren't correct. But he should at least be pretty far from Orlando.

Not that it mattered. The most important thing was that they were both here.

🐴🐴🐴

The very same evening Dream had once again been outside the pasture. Dream didn't talk a lot to George, maybe because he was - in fact - a horse, but he looked like he was thinking about a lot of things.

Was he thinking about George? The car? This place? It was hard to tell.

It was at least fairly obvious that Dream would stay at the place over night. George decided to appreaciate every little moment with him, cuddling for over an hour until his friend finally went inside.

"You really do have a strong bond," said Texas, who had walked up to the fence separating them.

"Yeah!" Dawn agreed. "And he doesn't even know it's you."

"Yeah... I didn't know he was so fond of horses." George took a step back and turned to face them.

"Maybe because you look like your human self?" Texas proposed. "Or smell? Or just reminds him of you."

"Sorry, but he smells like... a horse," Dawn said. "You still smell good, George, don't get me wrong."

"Can you not talk about my smell?" George rolled his eyes. "Texas might be right, though. I do look pretty similar to my human self. And probably act, too."

"How are you going to tell him the truth?" Texas asked.

"I... I don't know."