5. Hidden in the depths

A/N: So I noticed I accidentally wrote center instead of shelter on the banner... ignore that xD

🐴🐴🐴

George panicked.

He was stuck in a horse shelter, and by the looks of it, it was one out of four.

Dawn could be anywhere. He had nowhere to go, but he for sure couldn't stay here either.

While slowly going insane, George tried to make a plan in his head. It coudn't be too hard, right? He had already come this far. He couldn't stop now.

First of all, he had to find Dawn. Without her he probably couldn't get out. Second, find a boat to the United States, preferrably Florida, and third, find Dream.

Looking around the small pen, George soon found the small hook that would open it. After confirming that no one was here, he simply unhooked it and opened the gate.

The horses around him looked at his action, but to his suprise, no one left.

George walked between the railings and passed four enclosures before someone spoke up.

"That's a bad idea, little guy."

The chestnut horse who had spoken to him stood the closest to the fence, watching each of his steps.

"I have to get out," explained George. "Have you seen a white mare around here?"

"There are many white mares here."

"Please, will you help me? She's called Dawn."

The chestnut horse shook his head. "You should get back in, buddy. The humans will come soon, and you'll be in bad luck."

George stared at him for a while, but instead of listening he continued along the small passage between the pens. He had to find Dawn, or at least be completely sure she wasn't here.

Was there a chance she was at one of the other shelters? They had been picked up from the same place, it was unlikely. Maybe they took her straight home?

George took a deep breath. It worried him that he already cared about Dawn, the same horse he only a few hours ago hadn't wanted to come at all. Maybe because they were in danger now?  Or because he wanted someone with him?

The loneliness was driving him insane.

And then he thought of Dream. If George felt alone now, then how did Dream feel? He had seen his friend die. He hoped it wasn't too late to save him.

🐴🐴🐴

"Need help?"

George snapped back to reality at the voice. He had walked down four different paths now, slowly making his way through the whole room.

"I am looking for a white horse," George explained once again. "She's called Dawn."

"Dawn?" the horse's expression made George stare straight at it. "I heard that name. There is a guy over there who talked about a horse named Dawn and another named George."