- epilogue - one .

Sean Diaz,

I know you'll hate me for as long as you'll live, and I know that you're alone and looking for me right now.

Stop looking.

You won't find me.

I wish I didn't have to do it. But I must leave you to it. You're no closer to accepting your death.

Sean,

do you remember the hooded figure? do you remember how their hair, light brown fell out of their hood? probably not, as you were focused on me.

You always were.

I love you so fucking much, Sean. I promise I only had good intentions in mind when I did it.

It was always for you. Everything I fucking did, was for you.

••

This was a blur to him, the tall building and bright sunlight didn't make out a scenery, it looked like a foreign mess of random colours.

He didn't know how to feel. Mad? Sad?

His dad, who stood talking to adults around him, squeezed his shoulder reassuringly.

"You alright, Daniel?" His grandmother asks him. Claire's intentions were good, but it made Daniel mad.

"Give him some space, Claire." His grandpa says softly. Daniel never knew his grandparents, so why did they care?

"Oh, Stephen." Claire says, her small frail voice coos. She held a tissue paper in her hand. With those words, Daniel is left by himself again.

He watches as a girl steps forward to the open casket. She had long, red, curly hair. Her clothes were black and grey.

"Do you want to do this mijo?" His dad interrupts his thoughts, resting a hand on his shoulder. Daniel could see tears misting over his eyes.

"I-" Daniel was confused how to feel. He was in denial that Sean was— "I don't know."

He expected Sean to jump out of the casket and yawn. Everyone would laugh, and Daniel wouldn't be without him.

Daniel watches as the girl with the red hair approaches their direction. Her eyes were puffy.

"I'm so sorry." The girl says, her voice soft. She pulls his dad into his arms, and they stand there, in a sad embrace for a couple seconds.

If Daniel did something, Sean would've been alive. It's his own fault his brother's—

"I'm—" The girl closes her eyes and lets out a soft exhale. "I was Sean's...friend." Her voice was softer than any other human.

Daniel peeks over them to where his mom was standing. He never knew his mom. She stands with short blonde hair, and puffy eyes. Her name was Karen?

Apparently, she left a while after—

"This is Daniel," His dad's voice begins to break. "Sean's—"