- sixteen .

"Oh my god Sean!" Honey exclaims, pulling Sean into her arms when he realizes he's awake.

"Honey?" Sean asks, his voice raspy with sleep. He wraps his arms around her when he finally gains his senses.

"I thought I lost you, because you were asleep for so long and I didn't know what to do." She says in one breath. Tears prick the corner of her eyes as she clings onto the boy. "Please, don't leave me that long again."

"I'm sorry." Sean says softly. Honey finally pulls away from Sean, wiping her eyes quickly with her sleeve. "How long was I gone for?"

"I lost count, but I think more than six days?" Honey says, trying to remember. "Oh my god! You must be starving!"

"I'm fine." Sean says. He wasn't hungry, surprisingly.

"Last time you said that, you passed out." Honey pulls her bag off from a table.

They were at a house Sean didn't recognize. He had so much things to tell Honey, but he didn't want to overwhelm her.

Maybe...I shouldn't tell her at all.

He don't want to end up like the Sean in the dream, mourning her forever. He needed to distance himself from her.

She hands him an apple and a small jar of peanut butter.

"Thanks." Sean says, grabbing them both. "Where are we?"

Honey hums. "A few miles away from your grandparent's house." Honey says. "I'm so sorry you didn't get to see the house."

Sean shakes his head. "I don't think I want to be around there for a while."

Honey sits beside him on the couch. "Did something happen in your dream?"

Sean hesitates to answer. "I don't think I want to...talk about it."

Honey nods, sad but understanding. "I just want to let you know, I'm here for you." She says softly. "Always."

Honey grabs her bag and pulls out a few water bottles. She holds one out for Sean with a warm smile.

Sean grabs it slowly. He needed Honey.

Heat rises to his cheeks when Honey grabs his hand.

"I missed you." Honey rests her head on Sean's shoulder, taking in his presence.

When Sean fell asleep, Honey was scared. She had drove until they managed to reach his grandparent's house. The Reynolds' House.

"I finished the book I was reading a few days ago. I cried like a baby." Honey says, trying to ignite a conversation. "So it turns out their teacher—"

"No spoilers. Please." Sean was planning on reading it, and he didn't want to spoil it for himself already.

"You want to read it?" Honey gasps, excited. "I'm pretty sure I just adopted Chloe's personality."

"I like Chloe. She's so...cool."

"You read it?" Honey gasps again, sitting up to look at him.