- four .

••

"That cloud looks like a butt." She giggles.

Sean and Honey were walking to nowhere. It was officially day one on the Life Lookout Expedition.

At dawn, they went to their houses together. Sean being the closest, they went to his first.

Honey tried not to snoop, but she couldn't help but look at the picture on the fridge. It was cute.

Sean adjusted the backpack strap that dug into his shoulder. Honey's bag looked a lot more heavier than his, but she didn't complain about it.

"It looks like goggles, I'm not sure what you're talking about." Sean glances at Honey.

Sean wore a black sweater with a red and blue wolf with the word "squad" across it, his hood pulled over his head. He was sure he had bags under his eyes because how little he slept.

"Nah, looks like a booty." Honey grabbed his hand.

Sean wont ever get used to the gesture. It made his flinch every time she reached for it.

"Okay." Sean admits. "That one looks like a duck."

"No, that looks like a butt again." Honey hums. "You're too innocent for this world."

His cheeks feel hot, but his hood conceals it if he was a tomato. "Nah, dude. I'm dirtier than a rock, I just don't see butts everywhere."

The trees surrounding them were tall and dark, it would be a lot more scarier if there was predatory animals, but Sean felt a little safe at the fact there was no animals.

"I see a sign!" Honey gets excited, squinting. "It says: something something Diner."

Honey looks at Sean. "I would kill for a milkshake right now." He says.

"Everything's probably rotten," she scrunches her nose. "I'd love a rootbeer float. Yum."

"Let's go check it out." Honey suggests. "Maybe there's people?"

"Are we going to stop at every business we see out here?" Sean rolls his eyes.

"Nope. I just want to see an empty diner." Honey laughs. She pulls Sean when she starts a small jog.

Sean would never guessed three weeks ago that he'd be following a girl he barely knows to an empty diner. It made him kinda sad that almost three weeks ago he was the normal Sean, ignoring the world.

If only he remembered what happened that night. He remembers Lyla: the loose sweater she wore, her nails painted bright red and her skateboard at hand.

He missed Lyla. "Hope you're okay Lyla, wherever you are."

"It looks so depressing." Honey breathes out in awe.

"It does." Sean agrees. It was a sad looking diner with a few wild vines growing on it.

Honey lets go of Sean's hand. "This is weird." She approaches the building carefully, as if a bear were to jump out from there.