- two .

"Happy birthday to you!.."

Sean sat at a table, he sat blankly staring at the cake. As the song comes to an end, he blows out the candles.

"Don't look so blue, Sean." His dad says, clapping his son on the shoulder. "I promise you can play with your friends in a bit, Daniel wanted to make you a cake."

Daniel looks at the cake with a stupid grin. He giggles when Sean pulls the candles out.

"What you giggling for?" He asks Daniel, seeing the stupid grin on his face.

"N-nothing!" Daniel shakes his head. "I made this by myself! Not even dad helped me!"

"Is that why it smelled like burnt toast?" Sean asks, shooting Daniel an accusing glare.

"I didn't burn it!" Daniel exclaims. "Dad tell him!" He points at Sean.

Sean rolls his eyes.

"He's right, Sean." Esteban leans on the counter, pulling a knife out from a drawer. "Sean will you do the honours?"

Sean grabs the knife from his dad and cuts into it. A loud crunch! coming from the crappy frosted cake.

Daniel erupts into a fit of giggles. "I hope you like egg-shell flavoured cake!"

"Daniel?" Sean asks, sitting up. He was disorientated.

"Sean, calm down." Honey grabs his shoulder, reassuringly.

He rubs his eyes and immediately winces.

Sean could see the night sky littered with freckles of stars, the view odd as there was usually too much lights in Seattle to notice them.

"What happened?" Sean asks himself, trying to gather the events that happened yesterday—or today.

"I'm sorry, I had to go through your bag." Honey admits. "Your shirt was ruined."

Sean looks to Honey, who held his black backpack. Sean finally noticed the different shirt he wore.

"I promise I only looked for a shirt!" She covers her eyes with her fingers.

"She undressed me?..." Sean thought to himself. Honey was officially on his 'crazy people' list.

"Please don't look like I just walked in on you in the shower." Honey pleads, her eyes soft. "I didn't have the heart to leave you in that blood soaked shirt."

"Not like I'd get STD's from it." He thinks.

Sean pulls his shirt to look at the place where the blood had come from. It was wrapped up with a bandage. If he dealt with this earlier, Honey wouldn't had the need to do this.

"Thanks dude." Sean says, forcing a smile onto his face. He should be grateful. He could've died.

"It's what I do." Honey brushes it off. She turns on her heel.

"Where are we?" He asks her.

"Seattle, still."

He peeked over the railing. They were on top of a very tall building.

Honey sighs and sits on the edge of the railing.

"Can I be honest with you Sean?"

Sean nods.

"My name isn't actually Honey May."

"No shit, sherlock." he says to himself.

"I don't remember my name." Honey says, running her fingers through her wild hair. "I don't remember anything except that I used to be from Canada."

"Canada? Why come to America?"

Honey adjusts herself on the railing and sighs. "My mom thought it'd be better for us."

Sean laughed. "America: land of the fucking racists."

Honey laughs. "I learnt that the hard way. In fact, I'm a snow mexican." She snorts.

"That's fucking wrong." Sean laughs. "He hates everyone."

Honey nods.

"What about you? What are you doing in Seattle?"

Sean shifts uncomfortable in his seat. "I don't want to think of that right now." Sean sighs. "Too much things going on up in here." He points to his forehead.

Honey hums. "Understandable."

Honey adjusts herself and grabs Sean's hand.

Sean watches her closely. If he was in different circumstances, he would've been telling himself not to get a boner. Sean couldn't figure Honey out. "Why was she here? Why was I left with her?" he asks himself.

"Do you think," Honey pauses to look at Sean. "there's people out there?"

"I doubt. Look at the lights."

Honey looks at the lights. It was pitch black.

"You're right." Honey sighs.

They both watched as a few shooting stars passed by, still connected from the hand.

Sean could take note of her features now that she was focused on the sky.

She had round cheeks. Her eyes were a really dark brown that it was almost qualified to be black. Her long fringe covered her forehead, which seemed to be dotted with a few birthmarks.

Sean couldn't decide if he was creeped out by her, or attracted.

"I was alone for almost 2 weeks." Honey pulls her hand away from Sean's. She picks at her nails. "It was super lonely. I miss everyone."

She looks up to Sean, who had a raised eyebrow.

"I'm glad you're here now, Sean."

a/n

SQREEEEEEEE

okay ty for reading!