- twenty eight .

••

"So wait can you repeat that again?" Sean asks, the rain feeling warm.

Honey had a slight glow to her tan cheeks. Honey was naturally tan, the sun bringing out the beautiful tone.

"I was sent here for you." Honey says. "So when I say I'm here for you, I mean it. I always did."

Honey's hair was still long and flowy, bringing out the pure, angelic glow she had.

Sean grabs a handful of Honey's hair, wet with rain, but dry at the same time.

"Is your hair dirty blonde or light brown?" Sean asks, her cloud soft hair in his open palm.

"I like light brown." Honey had gold glitter on her face. It glimmered in the sunlight.

Sean snaps out of the trance she put her in, getting back to the previous subject. "Who sent you?"

Honey smiles. "That doesn't matter." She sighs, looking at Sean through her long eyelashes. "I'm here now. Always."

Sean's mind pulls up the thing that sent him here in the first place, before the whole looped dream thing.

"Uh," Sean didn't know how to word it. "So, do you like Honey or Sadie better?"

Honey lets out a breathy laugh. "I thought you would forget that part." Honey hums, pausing to think. "I think Honey suits me better than Sadie does."

"How'd Honey come from Sadie?"

"What?" She asks, looking confused on what he just asked her.

"How did the name, Honey, come from your real name?" Sean rephrases.

Honey smiles. "It was one of my middle names. Everyone just preferred to call me that, so eventually I went by Honey. May came from my birth month."

"Honey May." Sean repeats quietly.

"Sadie Ray doesn't have the nice ring to it, does it." Honey says.

She gets up onto her feet. Sean follows after, pulling himself from the cloud-like ground. The grass didn't feel like it was there.

Honey's so pretty.

The way her knee-length white skirt fluttered delicately whenever she moved, the way her crooked smile looked beneath a light pink mouth. The way her long hair framed her round face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Honey's smile slightly falters.

Sean steps closer to Honey. "No reason."

He tucks a piece of hair behind her ear, his fingers softly dragging against her cheekbone. A ghost touch.

She grabs his large hand with her two small hands and keeps his hand on her cheek.

"Imagine if I embarrass myself by burping." Honey says softly. She lets go of his hand, but it stays on her cheek. She lets out a nervous laugh.