- twenty nine .

••

Sean sits on a building ledge, his feet carelessly dangling off the edge.

He held the story Honey wrote in his hands. It was about Honey's journey. How she felt when she was told she died. How empty she felt when he accepted it.

It was basically a retelling of Honey's p.o.v.

••

As I sat on the swings, waiting for him, I felt nervous. My stomach was churning. What if he doesn't like me? What if he runs away at the sight of me?

The setting sun to the left of me cast long, romantic dark shadows.

After a few more minutes of me panicking silently, I see a figure in the distance. It was him. Sean Diaz.

The guy I knew everything about, but at the same time nothing.

As he comes into view, I see him pull out one of his earphones out of his ear. A smile was on his face, and his eyes were misted. He was relieved? To see me?

Would've thought he'd hate me.

"I thought I was the only human alive." Sean visibly sighs.

It's obvious he doesn't remember.

Maybe that's good?

I felt a smile creep onto my lips. This was good. "Hmm, I guess you're not alone." He was never alone. I can't believe this was the only way-

I blurt out random things to convince him that I don't know him at all.

"I uh—was going to my friends house." He says shyly.

Fuck. He's adorable. Keeping the fact that he's dead will be difficult. Can't resist.

"I'm Sean." I know. "Diaz."

I think for a second. Shit.

"Honey May at your service." I giggle. Fuck, I don't giggle normally.

Sean Diaz, I hate you for making me feel this way.

••

Sean felt his cheeks go hot. It was so weird to see himself being described in a way that he was almost pretty. She romanticized Sean to the point he wasn't sure she was talking about him.

"The way his brown eyes glimmer in the warm sunlight." Sean reads out loud, kinda finding it funny. This wasn't Sean. Didn't seem like it.

••

Sean asked me why I wasn't in his dream.

Oh Sean, if only you knew.

Lyla's really nice.

I remember seeing Sean switch out, indicating he was woken up. All I had to do was play pretend, and pretend I didn't know him.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Lyla says, looking apologetic.

"It's fine." I smile. Lyla sits beside me and Sean looks annoyed.