- eighteen .

Sean sits outside, the cold autumn coating the air and making him shiver.

He sat with a book pulled to his face.

Chloe was illuminated by the pool lights, her pale skin glowy and angelic. "Tell me you're not going to stand there watching me like a zombie." Chloe calls out, rolling her eyes. I smile nervously at her.

She splashes some water towards me, which causes me to gasp. "Don't you dare!"

"Come stop me, hippie!" Chloe yells, echoed by the big room.

"Okay you asked for it!" I narrow my eyes at the girl, whose blue hair was slicked against her head with water.

One of Max's friends, Kate, had committed suicide. Max broke her rewind power and stopped time altogether, which why she couldn't stop her from jumping.

"Oh look, an otter in my water." Chloe calls out. She teases, approaching me while copying the jaw's theme song.

"You're so obvious. And I still get freaked out by that movie, so stop." I explain, the cold air against my exposed skin making me shiver "I can't watch any of those shark shows."

I splash water toward Chloe, to which she responds by splashing me back.

Sean shudders, getting colder. He closes the book and stands up from the edge of the porch.

Pulling open the door, he spots Honey laying on the floor with music on in the background.

"Hey Sean." Honey chirps.

Sean wondered how she could be so full of energy when she's hungover. She seemed so normal.

"Hey." Sean grabs a blanket from a couch and wraps it around him.

"You reading?" Honey spots the book in his hands, the white cover sticking out to her. "Ooh, what part are you on?"

Sean opens the book to where it was folded in the corner. He plops onto the couch.

"Max and Chloe are at the swimming pool." Sean reads from the book.

"That part has so much sexual tension!" Honey sits up and pulls herself to her feet. "Like, Max, kiss her already." Honey rolls her eyes and sits beside Sean.

"Don't ruin it!" Sean hisses.

Chloe lays onto her back, her head floating just above the water to let her breathe. I follow her and lay on my back also.

"I wish Rachel was here. She would totally love being in here at night." Chloe interrupts the echoey silence. "Wish you guys had met each other."

I watch Chloe from the corner of my eye. "We will." I say. "And with all this stuff going on, I'm starting to think everything's related."

I get off my back, standing up properly. "And I want to find out why for Kate's sake. She didn't deserve to die."