- nine .

"Lyla, can I be honest?"

Sean was asleep, a 'nap' he had told Honey. Even with all this sleeping, he still woke up tired.

"Always. What kind of a b-f-f would I be if you feel you can't be honest?"

Sean and Lyla were in Sean's room. Sean sat on his bed, trying to think of ways to tell Lyla, while Lyla sat on a black beanbag he had in the corner of his room.

"This is going to sound crazy." Sean sighs, looking at Lyla who flipped through a tattoo magazine. "Lyla, I think I'm dreaming right now."

Lyla looks up from the magazine to Sean. "About Jenn?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

Jenn. Jenn was a girl Sean had a crush on, and ever since he told Lyla about her, she wont stop taunting him about it. Jenn was super nice and not to mention, pretty.

"What no? Lyla, please."

"I was kidding dude." Lyla puts the magazine onto her lap. "Tell."

The light pouring through the blinds was golden, the day close to ending. A song was playing in the background.

"You remember yesterday when my mouth was moving but I wasn't talking? That's when I was waking up."

Lyla furrows her eyebrows, confused. "You told me you were mocking my bad hearing."

Dream Sean is an asshole.

"No Lyla, I didn't say that, the other Sean did."

Lyla stands up from the beanbag, the magazine falling from her lap onto the floor. She hops onto his bed beside him.

"I do notice that you act different for a little period of time, like a new Sean." Lyla shakes her head. "I thought it was teenage mood swings of some sort."

Lyla turns to Sean. She wanted so bad to understand.

"I don't know when I'm going to wake up." Sean admits.

"You can just continue the next time you sleep or something." Lyla rests her head on his shoulder. "I wish I understood this."

"I'll try to help you understand." Sean picks at his nails, trying to stay still. "It's still weird how realistic you are."

"Right, I'm a dream apparently."

"No, it's not that." Sean looks at his cluttered room. "Like, you feel so real. I doubt this is just a dream."

Lyla sits properly. "Like a...time-travel of some sort?" Lyla looks at Sean properly. "Dude, you just straight up broke physics or whatever."

Sean shakes his head. "What if I'm travelling through like, alternative realities with my head."

"Oh no Sean, it's happening again." Lyla watches as he talks without saying words. "I guess you're done dreaming for now."

••

"Good morning sleepyhead!" Honey exclaims, spotting as Sean stirred awake from the corner of her eye. "How'd you sleep?"