-fifteen .

tw: mentions of suicide

Sean wakes up, still on the orange couch.

He blinks the blurriness out of his eyes. He excitedly looks to the door way. Honey is here.

He pulls himself off the couch and quickly makes his way to the door. Opening the door, he couldn't contain a smile.

He spots the car parked in the driveway. Honey was in there.

"Honey?" Sean pulls open the car door.

He looks back at the mattress on the car floor.

It—

didn't work.

He pulls his sleeve up with his eyes screwed shut. Please please please please.

Opening his eyes slowly, his heart sinks to his stomach when he sees the wolf and little red riding hood tattoo, complete with Honey's time of death.

Shit.

••

"Sean, please calm down." Lyla says softly, trying to calm a frustrated Sean down. He was angrily writing in his sketchbook.

"Why the fuck didn't it work?" Sean asks himself out loud. He writes into the notebook frantically.

"Sean please." Lyla's eyes are filled with worry.

Sean was sitting on one of the love seats, a candle held in his hands so he could see what he wrote.

Lyla stood beside Sean, trying to calm him down by talking about Honey's best moments. Moments that happened without him, because this wasn't his life.

"Lyla." Sean begins to calm down, feeling sad all of a sudden when he realizes this isn't his life. It's never going to be.

"We need to—to talk." Sean feels his eyes grow glassy, which causes Lyla to grab his hand again.

He looks at their intertwined fingers, Lyla's nails painted red.

This

"Sean, I'm here." Lyla rubs circles on the back of his palm with her small fingers.

Sean untangles their fingers, stuffing his hand into his pocket to prevent Lyla from grabbing it again.

"Stop looking at me like I'm going to hurt...myself." Realization washes over him. It's a possibility this Sean has to stop existing for him to go back.

"I know you wont." Lyla exhales loudly, a nervous smile painted on her face. "It's been too long since we've talked."

No. I can't hurt this Lyla—or any other Lyla out there.

"I'm sorry. Wish I stayed in touch more." Sean pushes the sketchbook to the side. His eyes are still glassy with tears. This Sean was going through something without anyone, and he wished he could convince this Sean to talk to Lyla more.