- three .

"When did it happen?"

"Two weeks ago, I told you."

Sean and Honey were sitting in a field. It was a football field of some sorts.

"What did you do?" Sean was trying to understand.

"The same thing you did. I looked for anyone for a week straight." Honey shivers.

"You're not from this area are you?"

Honey shakes her head. "I live across the city." Honey sighs. "It was just recently I came to this area for a while. I don't know what I'm looking for."

Sean leans back on his arms. "Where did you wake up, by chance?"

Honey furrows her eyebrows. "My bed?" She explains "I remember telling my mom goodnight and that I'd see her tomorrow."

Honey sniffs, rubbing her eye.

"I lied to her."

Sean held a notebook in his hand, trying to gather up all the pieces that happened before it. He reads an entry where he mentions hanging out with Lyla.

The other page was ripped out.

"I've also noticed that there isn't any animals. No life." Honey notes. "I'm scared for when we run out of food."

Sean hadn't ate for almost three days but he wasn't hungry.

Honey looks at the bright sky.

"I've been planning the ultimate road trip before you came along." Honey explains. "I call it the 'life lookout expedition'. We can't be the only people out here."

Sean nods. "You're right. So you're planning to go travelling?...For people?"

Honey holds a thumb up. "I'm leaving at dawn tomorrow. I don't want to leave you behind, but I'm going if you're in or not."

"I'll come." Sean says too quickly. "There's nothing in Seattle for me." His mind brings up Daniel and dad. Maybe they had the same exact plan Honey has? "Maybe we can go to Mexico and-"

His thoughts are interrupted by Honey pulling herself off the ground.

"I'm happy you're coming with, Sean." Honey says softly. "Anyways I'm starving."

••

Honey reminded Sean of a little kid. She said something about her being 19 years old. Bullshit.

She was playing hopscotch on the empty roads, telling Sean about her life.

Sean drew on the sidewalk with the little chalk he had, half listening to her.

"That's pretty." Honey gapes. Even with her soft voice, she managed to scare Sean. "He looks like you."

He looks at the Daniel chalk drawing.