- twenty five .

Sean looks around at his surroundings, unsure if he was awake or not.

Judging from the way his nails didn't have dirt caked onto them or the way his hair didn't fall onto his face, he wasn't awake.

He sighs, slapping his forehead with his palm. He decided, that this time he would do everything the dream wanted him to.

Sean counted on his fingers, at how much times he wound up in his dream. He was almost all out of fingers.

9 times.

As if it were script, he felt his phone ring from under him. It was Lyla.

He unlocks his phone to read the text he was so tired of reading.

Me: see ya

Sean wasn't sure if that was the right thing to reply with, but he shrugged. Lyla probably only glanced at it and started walking.

He pulls himself out of his bed, beyond exhausted. He grabs his sweater off of his chair and pulls it on. He puts his foot onto his chair to tie his laces.

The sky behind the white blinds were pitch black. Before everything, he remembered how much he hated the sun. He loathed it.

But now, he wanted nothing but to see the sun. The sun almost seemed foreign to him at that point.

Sean hears a knock on the front door past the walls. He pulls on his hood and walks toward his door.

"Sean—" Daniel calls out.

Daniel. If this works out-

"Bye Danny." Sean says to the small boy, a small smile on his face. He ruffles his hair before walking past the front door.

Lyla is chewing bubblegum, her eyes piercing and curious. "You ready?"

Sean picks his skateboard up from where it rested against the fence. "I have to be."

Lyla smiles.

There were so much ways Lyla had showed him he hated her in previous scenarios. To see her smiling was almost comforting to Sean.

"The sky is pretty tonight." Lyla says, pulling off one of her earphones.

Sean looked up to the sky, the usual backdrop with too much stars visible.

A car hums past them, dragging the light away.

"It is." Sean nods. Sean and Lyla walk together, on the cracked sidewalk.

Sean couldn't focus. He couldn't focus on the dream, tuning out most of Lyla's talking. He wondered what would happen when he finds out what happened. If it would affect Honey and her memory.

"Remember that?" Lyla asks, looking at Sean.

"Of course!" Sean says, acting like he knew what she was talking about. It was something he had become a professional at.