Thirty-Nine.

ONE YEAR EARLIER —

"Aiden is on his way back. We'll tell him how you behaved when he gets here." The guard said as he stood over Malik, who sat obediently at the edge of the bed.

"You will tell him I've been a good boy, yeah?" Malik asked fearfully. Aiden told him that if he'd been a good boy, he'd take him out for dinner. Malik hadn't been outside of Aiden's house in a month since his escape attempt and it was eating him alive.

"I sure will." The guard ran his finger over Malik's bottom lip, "As long I receive something in return."

Aiden looked at him in confusion, "What are you implying?"

"It means..." He grabbed Malik's face, "I want you to suck me off as a thank you for telling Aiden you've been a good boy."

"I- please, Aiden will kill me."

"He won't know if you don't tell him. Now open up." He pulled Malik towards his pants, making Malik pull away.

"No!" Malik moved off the bed and created space between him and the guard.

"No?" He chuckled as Malik backed into a corner, "I don't think you understand what's at stake here. All I have to do is tell Aiden that you tried to escape and it's lights out for you. You know he'd believe me seeing as though you've tried to escape three times in the last two months."

He stalked closer to Malik, closing him in the corner.

"Please don't do this to me." Malik begged as the man fiddled with his belt.

"Shh, it'll be over before you know it. Now, get on your knees."

Malik put his hands up defensively, "Please sir-"

"I don't have time for this." He grabbed both of Malik's wrists and roughly shoved him to the ground.

Malik was so torn. If he didn't cave in to this man's desires he would lie to Aiden and get him in trouble. On the other hand, he didn't want to be subjected to this defilement. True enough, Aiden had done this to him on multiple occasions, but adding this man to the list was just too much.

"Please, I'm begging you!" Malik squirmed around as the man roughly handled him. "Somebody help me please! Help!"

The man grew agitated with all the noise Malik was making and sent a painful slap to his face. Malik's movements came to a complete stop as the powerful  slap had stunned him. The guard took that as his opportunity to bind Malik's wrists together with his belt and tied the end to the bed frame. He smirked as he looked down at Malik, completely immobilized.

"Now, are there anymore interruptions?" He laughed as he unbuttoned his suit pants and dropped them to his ankles along with his briefs.

Malik continued to cry for help, the desperation seeping into his voice.

"Somebody please help me! Please! He's trying to rap-" To shut Malik up, he grabbed the back of his head and shoved himself as far as he could to the back of his throat.

"That shut you u-" The bedroom door burst open as Micah charged into the room.

He grabbed the man up by his shirt and threw him onto the ground. He sent a hard kick to his forehead, knocking him out.

Malik was too busy shaking and disheveled. He jumped as he felt a hand touch his wrist.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he untied Malik's wrists from the bed frame.

Overwhelmed with so many emotions, Malik broke down into tears. He was tired, physically and mentally. Being here was breaking him down piece by piece. He'd never been away from his family this long, never been subjected to the things he's been through. It all was just too much, it was wearing him down.