Forty.

"Are you calm?" Alexander asked Kane as he flicked the rubber band on his wrist.

"I'm tryna be. Let's get it ova' wit'. Da' longer I stand out here, da' more nervous I'll get."

They both stood outside Malik's hospital door, both expecting the worse. Kane has been holding the door knob for minutes now, scared of what was behind it.

"What if he-" Kane tried to ask Alexander another question until Alex shushed him.

"You'll never know until you go in and see him. I'm here, you're not going through this alone." Alex squeezed Kane's hands gently.

Kane took a few deep breaths, calming himself down.

"Okay."

With a shaky hand, he twisted the door knob. The door opened slowly. He pushed the door open and relief hit him like a truck. Malik sat on the bed with a wide grin on his face as he passed a notebook back and forth between him and Micah.

"Lik!" Kane exclaimed excitedly as he rushed over to the younger boy.

Malik's eyes lit up in excitement as he spread his arms for Kane to hug him. Kane practically knocked Micah off the bed as he pulled Malik into a gentle, yet firm, hug.

"Malik don't ya' ever scare me like dat again! I thought the worst! Ya' scared me ta' death!" Kane teared up.

Malik was the only friend he'd ever had and loved him dearly. Even though they'd only been friends a year, they honestly couldn't live without each other. Knowing that they both were alive and well and now in each other's presence made everything better.

Malik flipped the notebook to a fresh page and began to write whimsically on the clean page. Kane looked at him confused, but didn't say anything when he flipped the notebook around for him to read.

I'm so happy to see you. Aiden told me that you and Alex were dead.

"We're okay." Kane reassured him.

They both looked down at each other's bellies which were not exactly flat but they weren't protruding.

"Ya' had da' twins? Where are they, I want ta' see 'em." Kane exclaimed excitedly while Malik began writing on his notebook. Kane stared at him in confusion again, "Why are ya' usin' a notebook? Ya' voice must be gone?"

"He's developed a bad stutter, it's a normal trauma reaction. It should go away within a few weeks." Micah stated, making Kane whip his head around towards him. Momentarily, Kane had forgotten that Alexander and Micah were even in the room.

"I'm sorry but who are ya'?"

"I'm Micah, I'm Malik's former bodyguard."

"Oh really? Why ya' here?"

"Kane..." Alexander scolded him in a tone that said leave it alone.

"It's fine Alex." Micah chuckled at Kane's protectiveness, "I'm happy there's someone else in my love's corner."

"Your love?" Alexander and Kane stated at the same time, shocked at the sentence that had just spilled from Micah's mouth.

"Malik..." Kane looked over to Malik who was blushing like a school girl as he looked away. Kane smirked as he saw the wide smile Malik attempted to hide behind his hands. "Ya' got some tea ta' spill later on."

"When did all of this happen?" Alexander looked back and forth between the two.

"It's a long story." Micah smiled at Malik.

"I got somebody I want ya' ta' meet." Kane picked the baby up out of her carseat, displaying her to Malik. "Meet ya' god daughter/niece, AJ."

Malik smiled so big as he stared at the baby in Kane's arms.