ɪᴍ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ, ꜱᴏʀʀʏ

I am in love with you

You heard me

I am in love with you

And I know that love is just a shout into the void

And that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed

And that one day all of our labors will be returned to dust

And I know that the sun will swallow the only earth

We will ever have, and I am in love with you, sorry

It was as if time had stopped after those words had left Sasuke's mouth. Silence ensued as Naruto and Sasuke stared at each other, both internally freaking out, though only one showed it.

Naruto quickly looked away once he realized they were staring, feeling uncomfortable with eye contact.

What was he supposed to say to that? He had never been in a situation like this. He didn't even know these kinds of situations existed, Naruto thought it was only in the movies. He especially didn't think that it would be mutual.

It was too good to be true.

"Shit," Naruto mumbled, hands coming up to cover his face. He shook his head a bit to clear his mind. "For real? Like this isn't a prank or something?" He asked, letting his arms drop to his sides.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow in confusion, almost glaring at the blonde. "Why the hell would I be joking?" He demanded, crossing his arms. Did Naruto not believe him? He can't think of a reason why. Did he make it seem like he wasn't taking this seriously because he was?

Naruto's eyes widened a bit as he put his hands up, almost as if surrendering. "Look, I didn't mean it that way." Naruto started, realizing this might be real. Sasuke liked him back. It was just like the movies. "You like me?"

"No, I love you, there's a difference." Sasuke clarified, grabbing the sides of Naruto's face and pulling him into a kiss.

Naruto froze, not knowing what to do. Should he kiss back? Pull away? Should he confess too? What if it doesn't work out? What if he's a bad kisser? Is he a bad kisser by not kissing back?

Before Naruto could make up his mind, Sasuke pulled away, taking a short breath to regain the oxygen needed. "I've been waiting to do that for way too long."

Naruto stared up at Sasuke with wide eyes, too shocked. This is the perfect moment. Why wait, Sasuke just came to him. 'Do it. Kiss Sasuke. Come one, Naruto just do it!' As soon as he got the courage, a voice interrupted them, sounding from around the corner.

"Sasuke? Naruto? Where are you, we have training today!" Sakura yelled, coming around the corner and finally spotting them. "Oh, there you are. What are you guys doing here? Actually nevermind, Sensei is going to be pissed if we're later than he is." She chuckled, brows raising at Sasuke's glare.

'No, I can't lose my chance. Sasuke won't come back if I do.' Naruto thought, practically yelling at himself to reach out. So he did. He grabbed Sasuke's face rougher than he meant to and kissed the raven-haired male. He could hear the quiet gasp from both Sasuke and Sakura, anxiety crawling up his throat. It was almost strong enough to make him pull away, though before he could do that Sasuke wrapped his arms around Naruto's waist and pulled them closer to each other.

Naruto opened his eyes slightly and glanced at Sakura. It was hard to tell what she was thinking as she only stared in shock. She looked like she wanted to leave but was too frozen in shock to move. The blonde almost felt bad, that wasn't his intention. Almost.

Sasuke pulled away again, holding the blonde's waist as if he thought Naruto would leave if he didn't. "I guess that means it's mutual," Sasuke whispered, panting quietly as he leaned his head against Naruto's.

Naruto didn't answer as he watched Sakura's face morph into one of heartbreak and betrayal. She didn't say anything as she left the room silently. He wanted to run after her, feeling like she deserved an explanation. She had liked Sasuke longer than he had, way longer. She probably knew more about him too, dedicated more of her time to try to get his attention only for it to be given to Naruto. He can't imagine how that feels. He tried to pull away but Sasuke's grip tightened.

"Don't leave, Naruto," Sasuke said, gulping slightly. He knew that if Naruto went to comfort Sakura then he'd change his mind and try his hardest to get Sasuke and Sakura together. It was just the way he was. "Just stay a bit longer... please." He begged, not that he would ever admit, he would deny it until the end.

"But what if she's crying?" Naruto pointed out. "And we have training today, I don't want us to get yelled at because of this and-" He was interrupted by Sasuke covering his mouth with his hand.

"I don't care, I just want to reminisce in this moment for only a bit longer," Sasuke said, almost in a breathy tone. "Let this be our moment, not hers." He let his hand drop, having it sit gently on Naruto's waist similar to his other hand.

The blonde sighed as he wrapped his arms around Sasuke's shoulders, head resting against the crook of the raven's neck. He closed his eyes to try and let his mind focus on one thought and one thought alone. Their kiss. They kissed, twice. Naruto couldn't believe it, but they did. Maybe it wasn't so bad letting this be their moment.