ꜱʜᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ

Are you bored like I am? I sometimes wonder if you are.

Are you lonely like I am? I wonder that too.

Do you think about me as much as I do about you? I wished you did.

Do you ask people what I'm doing as much as I do? Probably not.

Do you want to know what's going on with me like I do you? You most likely don't

I wish you would think about me like I thought about you. I wished you would get lost in my eyes like I do in yours. I wish you stared at my face like I did yours. I wish you admired my looks like I did with yours. Although I know I'm not nearly as flawless as you are. I wish you would recognize how lonely I was and could relate to it. I wish you would ask how my day was like I wanted to to you, though I don't have the guts.

I, Naruto Uzumaki, am a coward.

I, Naruto Uzumaki, am in love with Sasuke Uchiha.

I, Naruto Uzumaki, have a secret to keep.

I've kept this secret for almost a year now, that I'm in love with you. You don't know, at least, I don't think you do. If you did, that would suck for me I guess. But I wouldn't be able to do anything about it then, would I.

I don't have the heart to confess to you either. Sakura has liked you longer and deserves you if I'm being honest. She knows more about you. She's had visible hearts in her eyes, I've been too scared to show the hearts in my eyes. So I hide it in my chest.

But I've kissed you, twice. She hasn't.

I'm your best friend, she isn't. Not like I am.

I know you love tomatoes.

I know you hate soybeans and anything sweet.

I know you secretly like it when Sakura asks you to lunch with her but you ignore her because you don't know what else to do.

I know you only want revenge for your clan but still think of us like the family you lost. And I know you hate it.

I know you enjoy the little moments that our team has with Kakashi Sensei.

I know that you don't romantically like Sakura.

But I also know she's in love with you like I am.

So I'll let her have you. Because she's my best friend too. I don't have the heart to do that to her. So I'll sacrifice mine for her happiness and you to have a life that she could give you and I couldn't.

I know Sakura could make you happy, she has a family that you could feel a part of.
(I could be your family)

She has money to spend on you, just like you to her.
(I could give you my love instead)

She's beautiful in every way, just like you are.
(I'm beautiful too)

She's got an amazing jutsu and is powerful, just like you.
(I can match your power though)

She can heal you at any time, mentally and physically.
(I can help you heal too)

She can give you kids, a family.
(We could adopt)

She can make you happier, just by being herself.
(I can too)

So she can have you, I want to be happy. I'll be happy on my own, I can manage.

Because I'm Naruto Uzumaki and I'm going to be hokage someday.

Believe it.