Chapter 19 - American Beauty / American Psycho

I woke up surprisingly early the next morning and went down to the kitchen and cooked some bacon and eggs. I was also overjoyed to find that a package had been delivered for me and when I opened it I saw that it was the chocolates from Isaac.

When I opened it I noticed one was missing with a post-it-note that said ‘Sorry, couldn’t resist, :).’ I smiled to myself before eating one and putting the box on the counter.

I was soon joined by Liam and Scott. “Morning boys.” I chirped as I handed them a plate of food each. “Toast is almost ready.” I said as it popped up in the toaster and then I went over to butter it.

They both muttered thanks as I put it on their plate. “Okay, so I’m going to Peter’s. Scott you need to explain everything to Liam.” I gestured to the new beta.

“I will.” He sighed like I was a nagging wife.

Liam picked up his fried eggs and placed them on his toast with his hands. I tsked him in a disapproving way before sliding a knife and fork across to him while Scott chuckled to himself. Just then Stiles came bursting through the door.

“You’re up early.” I said to him.

“Didn’t sleep.” He stated as he pulled up a bar seat on the other side of the island table next to Scott.

“How much Aderall have you had?” Scott questioned him.

“A lot.” He shrugged. “Ooh, any more bacon?” He asked with excitedly.

“No, but you can have mine, I have to go.” I said, sliding my plate over to him as he grinned widely. “Be good!” I called over my shoulder as I headed for the door.

“Where are you going?” Stiles asked before I could leave.

“To kick Peter’s ass.”

“Oh! Can I come!?” Stiles jumped up excitedly.

“No, eat your breakfast.” I said and indicated for him to sit down.

“But…” Scott grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him back into his chair before he could protest. Stiles sighed in defeat.

“Okay, now I’m leaving. Liam, let me know if they tie you to a chair again and one of you needs to call Lydia, Kira or Malia and see if they got anything.” I said and then walked out the door. Once it closed I remembered the chocolates. I quickly ran back inside and found Stiles about to put one in his mouth. His eyes went wide at being caught while Scott laughed. “Put it down.” He slowly put it back. “I know how many there are in there, Mr.” He furrowed his eyebrows in a grumpy five year old kind of way. “If you don’t eat any, I’ll buy you curly fries on my way back.” I said.

“Done.” He chirped. I shook my head and then finally walked out the door and actually made it to the car this time.

I drove off down the road and pulled up outside Peter’s apartment building. I didn’t bother knocking this time and instead used the key he left under the door mat.

“Anna, what are you…” I shoved him as hard as I could, cutting him off.

“Why!” I shoved him again, “Are you!” Another shove. “Such!” I shoved him as hard as I could, causing him to fall back. “An ass!?”

“Okay, firstly… ow! And secondly,” he jumped up and brushed himself off, “the guy put a wolfs-bane laced tomahawk in my chest!”

“Yeah, and I’m about to put another one there! We could have gotten information out of him!”

“He was a mute.” He said like that was a good enough justification.

This time I kicked his feet out from under him and he fell hard on his back… again. “He could have written it down!” My voice was getting higher the more I yelled.