Chapter 13 - Story Time

“Can I go?” I asked Parrish as we stood out the front of the house. Lydia was talking to Haigh the other deputy as the Sheriff’s men all surrounded the house and the bodies where being dragged out.

“Yeah, I can drive…”

“No, I need to talk. Get some fresh air.” I said in a small voice.

“I’m not sure…”

“Parrish… please. I have a phone, if I need to I’ll ring.”

“Alright. I think we’re done anyway.” I nodded and slowly turned around. “Anna?” I turned back to look at him. “I’m sorry about your friend. And you shouldn’t blame yourself. I know he disappeared from your party, but looking at what was in there if it wasn’t him it would have been someone else.”

“But it was him.” I said back in a small voice before walking over to Lydia. “I’m going to walk, you should ring Scott.”

“Sean, the survivor of the family is at the hospital, if his family killed these people than…”

“Lydia… If Scott needs more help tell him to ring me, but I have to do something.” She didn’t say anything else, only nodded.

I made my way down the road and walked for almost two hours before I found myself looking up at a familiar set of apartment buildings. I was about to head up when my phone started to ring.

“Scott?”

“The Wallcotts were something called Wendigo’s. They eat people to survive, that’s why they had those bodies in their house.”

“What happened?”

“Sean killed a deputy and took Liam to the roof.”

“Liam?”

“Liam Dunbar, the new freshman. I kind of injured him in tryouts and Stiles and I had to take him to the hospital. Sean had him and it ended in a fight. This isn’t something I can explain over the phone, I’ll tell you more at home, but Lydia said I should tell you that much straight away. Are you alright? She mentioned Jake.”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine. I’ll be home later, see you then.” I said before we said our goodbyes and hung up.

I felt my blood boil and then ran up the flights of stairs until I found the right level. Once I was standing outside his door I pounded on the wood.

"Peter! I know you're in there! Open up!" No answer. “Peter! Open the door!”

"I don't want to. You sound like you're in a bad mood." He finally replied.

"If you don't open this door it will take you an entire year to find your masculinity when I'm done with you!"

The door swung open, "If I didn't know that was meant as a threat it could actually be fun." He teased

"Wendigos?" I stated with a pissed of edge

"What?" I slapped/punched him on his arm as hard as I could. "Ow! Jesus, are you sure you're a Nix and not iron women?”

"You gave his body to Wendigos to eat!?" I screamed.

"Oh shit. Keep your voice down and get inside." He grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. The fact that he knew exactly what I was talking about was proof enough that he did. "He was a 17 year old boy not dog food!" I yelled back at him.

"I know, Wendigos aren't dogs an for the record dead is dead, I assure you Jake doesn't have an opinion on the matter."

I couldn't help the accusing scoff, "Dead is dead?" I repeated back to him and then punched his arm in the same place, but this time with more force.