Chapter 25 - Hey Parrish... So... You're On A Hit-list

No school. That was the plan. Stiles, Lydia and I were going to see Parrish and warn him about being on a hit list and all that. What fun. Derek was going to get Malia to help him find Satomi’s pack because Malia knew more about the woods than any of us and she needed to learn. Derek said they must have been hiding out there somewhere. Scott, however, was going to school. Liam would be there so it was decided he should stay with him. As for the money. Well Scott’s brilliant plan with that was do hide it under his bed. I only agreed because he had other things to worry about at the moment, but I thought we should give it back to Peter. It was his after all and he did need it.

“So what exactly are we going to say?” Lydia asked. Stiles had driven us all in the jeep to the station.

“How about we start with something along the lines of, you’re on a deadpool for the supernatural.”

“Wonderful, Stiles. We’ll just get right to the point and completely freak him out.” I muttered.

Parrish was the first one to see us when we walked in. “You here to see the Sheriff? He’s out at the moment, but should be back within the hour.” He stated.

“Actually we want to talk to you.” I said.

“Privately.” Lydia added.

“About what?”

“Assassins.” Stiles blurted out and I nudged him in the side a little.

Parrish looked confused, but led us into a private room. “Okay, what assassins? The orphans? Because I can’t tell you anything about them.” Jordan said.

“We’re not here to ask you questions so much as give you a heads up.” Lydia said.

“What do you mean?”

“Remember last night when you were escorting Violet?” He nodded. “Well you know how she saw your badge,” I pointed to the badge on his uniform that read Parrish, “and immediately knew your first name?”

“Yeah… wait a minute, how did you hear that?”

“Here.” I took the paper from Lydia’s hand and gave it to Parrish, ignoring his question. We had folded it so that Jordan’s name was on the other side.

“It’s a hit list. We call it a deadpool.” Stiles explained. “Recognise any of the names?”

“Yeah, the Sheriff made me run a bunch of them through the system last night, but we couldn’t find any of them. What does this have to do with Violet knowing my name?” He asked.

We all looked at each other. “Show him the other thing.” Stiles said.

Lydia looked at me. Clearly neither one of them wanted to do the honours. I sighed and took the page from Jordan and then flipped it over to the back revealing his name.

Parrish straightened up as his eyes kept re-reading his name for a few moments. “Okay… that’s kind of terrifying.” He said as he turned his back and took a few steps away from us. “What’s the number?”

“That’s how much you’re worth.” Lydia explained.

Jordan snapped back around. “I’m worth five dollars?!”

“Five million.” Stiles clarified.

“I only make 40 thousand a year.” He stated and then mumbled to himself. “Maybe I should kill myself. Okay, I don’t get it… why am I on this?”

“Honestly that might be a question for another time. There’s still another part of the list we don’t have yet.”

“We need another cypher key to get it… and we need help getting it.” Lydia said.

“From who?” He asked.

“Meredith…” Lydia said carefully.

“The girl from Eichen? The last time you saw her you almost gave her a nervous breakdown.” Parrish said as he walked to the door and opened it.

“Ah… almost.” Lydia said.

“Yes and this time you might actually succeed.”

“Parrish we need to know who’s on the third list.”

“Third? This is the second?” He asked as he held it up.

“Anna…” Stiles started.

“Yes. It’s the second list. Lydia is on the first along with Scott, Kira and Derek.”

“Anna.” Lydia said in a warning tone.

“We need to know who is on the third and we need Meredith to do that.” I ignored her.

“You think you and Stiles might be on the third?” He asked.

“I won’t be on it, but we already know she’s on the list.” Stiles stated like it was nothing.

“How?”

“Oh, I was attacked by Garret and Violet the other day in the woods.” I quickly continued. “And Stiles won’t be on it, because of… reasons.”

Parrish sighed. “What? And you didn’t report it?”

“Well I didn’t know it was Garret and Violet at the time…”

“No, not that, the fact that you were attacked.” He said like I was completely insane. “And how did you even get this?” He asked, looking at the list and his name again.

“A computer.” Lydia said. “We don’t have time to explain.”

“Okay think about it this way. Yes we could risk giving Meredith a nervous breakdown, but if she can help us we can help save whole other list of people.” Parrish stared at me for a while as I looked at him hopefully.

Eventually he sighed. “Okay. I can’t believe I’m doing this.”

This is super short i know, but i just wanted to get something up for you guys for being AMAZING, i can't believe the amount of reads i got in just one night for my new Marvel fic. You're incredible and i love you all :) xxx

Also i can't explain why i like the media picture of Parrish with fairy wings...