Chapter 49 - Bittersweet

Third Person

Derek sat unmoving, his heartbeat still and no breath to be noticed as gun fire sounded all around his limp body.

But his claws were beginning to grow.

"You're next Araya!" Kate yelled out as the leader of the hunters made her way to the werejaguar. "I'm coming to kill you next." She repeated. The older women pulled out her electric stick (Okay, someone needs to actually tell me what those things are called because I can only say 'electric stick' and 'lightsaber' so many times).

"Come, La Loba. Let me show you how the Calaveras die."

Kate faced her opponent, preparing herself for a fight that wouldn't be as easy as she believed, but it never came. After three steps a loud howl echoed from near by snapping the two women's attention to the broken sandstone wall that hid Derek Hale's body.

Braedon, now having the opportunity to look back to Derek saw nothing but a pile of clothes as a black wolf leapt over the wall, eyes glowing blue. Kate roared at the animal that reminded her so much of Talia Hale as the wolf stared her down for a moment before running at a full sprint, and knocking her to the ground, teeth bared before biting down on her shoulder.

All around people stopped what they were doing, even the giant beast of a Berserker. Jordan Parrish lowered his shot gun and looked back in both surprise and confusion as the wolf stepped away from a screaming Kate Argent, leaving her cowering on the ground as the animal began to take human form. On its back was the triskelion spiral as Derek Hale loomed over Kate Argent.

"You were... you were dead." Kate breathed, now back in her human form as well.

"No." Derek shook his head, "I was evolving. Something you'll never do." Derek finished.

A growl snapped his attention to the right as the Berserker charged at him, swinging a claw out that Derek backed away from before locking his hands on either side of the scull encasing its head and ripping it apart as a bright yellow light erupted from inside and the body of the once human turned to ash.

Kate got up to run, but a single bullet from her own brothers gun, laced with yellow wolfs bane, ripped through her shoulder and she fell back to the ground.

"C-Chris." She whispered once she saw his face and once again stumbled to her feet and ran inside, an injured Chris Argent right behind her.

Peter Hale had almost killed him when he confronted him about his plans with Kate, but Jordan had found and saved the hunter before they went to the Calaveras for backup, bringing them to La Iglesia, but no injury would stop Chris Argent as he ran after his sister, clutching his side.

Anna POV.

"Anna, stop." Kira begged, her sword swinging out in front of her in an attempt to keep me away, but not hurt me.

"Come on, Kira. You can do better than that. You drove that sword through my back last time, where's that fighter?"

"We had Deaton last time." She defended, swinging the sword out again as I stalked her. Stiles stood back next to Liam, neither of them knowing what to do as Malia began to recover. Scott and Peter fought behind us, evenly matched, but I was in no hurry as I played with the people I had once called friends.

Unlike the others, Malia didn't hesitate once she got to her feet, leaping towards me with a growl. I blocked her first claw and then her second before latching onto her wrist and slamming my heel into her stomach hard, not letting go of my grip so the force was twice as bad. She doubled over with a grunt as I let go and then spun around, driving my other heel into her chest and sending her flying back, crashing to the ground exactly where Peter had previously sent her.