Chapter 35 - Countdown

Lydia swung the door open to let us in. “So when is it happening?” She asked.

“I’ll text Kira as soon as Anna is locked up and head straight to the hospital.” Stiles stated as I glared at him.

“Someone looks happy about this plan.” Lydia said and a transferred my glare to her.

“Hey, I didn’t do anything.”

“You’re letting them lock me up.”

“Well I agree with locking you up.” She shrugged and started walking Stiles and I to the basement where Malia was tied up during full moons.

“You do realise that if I go full blown Nix, I’ll be able to get out.” I stated. “It’s not that hard to kick in a door.”

“No, no, no. You are not kicking in any doors and charging through walls.” Lydia snapped.

“Oh!” Stiles yelled before sprinting out of the room.

“What…”

“It’s Stiles.” I cut Lydia off. “It’s better not to ask.”

I minutes later Stiles came back with a bag of something. Lydia took it off him and looked in it. “You keep Mountain Ash in your jeep?” She asked.

“Yeah…” He stated like she was crazy for thinking otherwise.

“Stiles where did you get that?”

“Well I didn’t say he necessarily gave it me… no.”

“Okay, just do the thing.” I sighed as Stiles went around the room and left a circle of mountain ash all around me. “Why didn’t you do this on the full moon?” I asked him once he was done. “With Malia.”

“New development. I got this when we were helping that Brett guy at the Animal Clinic.” He nodded. “Okay, so we’re all done. I’ll start heading the hospital and ring Kira. Anna… don’t go anywhere.” Stiles stated with a slight smirk.

If I had something to throw it would be hurtling towards him by now. “Just leave.”

He nodded and ran out the door leaving me and Lydia. I took a shaky breath. “He’ll be fine.” Lydia stated.

“I hope so. How’s the banshee stuff going?”

“Well you know I got Meredith’s box of belongings from Eichen?” I nodded. “Well I went through and I found this.” Lydia handed over a photo to me.

“It’s a photo of Meredith.” I stated, not getting it.

“It’s a photo of Meredith in this house. In the sound proof room my grandmother had. I recognise the panelling on the wall behind her.”

“Alright… you’re grandmother was a banshee though and so was Meredith, maybe they just met and hung out because of it. I mean it can’t be easy to find other people like you.”

“We seem to finding a couple.” Lydia stated.

“Only after Beacon Hills became a magnet for the supernatural.”

“I guess, but I’m going over to the boat house. There’re a few boxes of my grandmother’s things over there. I’m going to go through them, see what I can find.”

“Okay.” I handed her back the photo.

“It can wait until after though.”

“No, you should go now. Time is something we’re running short on. I’ll be fine. I’ll just sit here quietly in the dark… in a basement that has claw marks on the walls… surrounded by a supernatural element that will keep me trapped until you break the seal.”