Chapter 6 - Smugglers

“What the hell is this? Why is he like this? What is he, 16? Oh god, panic attack, I’m having a panic attack.” I rambled as I grabbed hold of Stiles’ shoulder.

“Where… where am I? What’s… happening.” Little/mini/baby Derek said through an exhausted and weak voice like he was actually about to pass out…

And then he actually did.

Scott wavered at the extra limp weight on his shoulders and pulled Derek over to the back of the Jeep. “How the hell are we meant to get him back across the boarder?” Stiles asked. Scott immediately looked to Braedon.

“Not what I’m being paid for.” She said bluntly as she walked back over to her bike. “My job was to take you here and make sure you got Derek back alive. The rest is up to you. I trust you remember your way back.” She said, not waiting for a reply and then took off at full speed.

“That’s it? She’s just leaving?” Malia asked. Everyone’s eyes immediately landed on her in an accusing way. “Point taken.” She muttered.

“So what’s the plan? Hirer a smuggler?” Lydia said sarcastically.

Stiles gave her a look that said that it was actually a good idea. “No… Stiles, no.” Kira shut him down.

“Well we did bring his passport and credentials.” Scott said not very helpfully.

“Scott… He’s currently giving Zach Efron a run for his money by staring in a real life version of 17 Again… I don’t think his tall dark and handsome with stubble and slight side burns passport photo is going to get him across the bloody Mexican boarder!” My voice rose with every word. “And to top it all off… He’s unconscious!”

“Well what do we do? Wait until he wakes up?” Kira asked.

“And then take a completely freaked out teenage Derek across the boarder?” Stiles questioned. “He’s impossible enough as a 23 year old, the added teenage angst isn’t going to help.”

“We don’t know it’s his mind, it might just be his body.” Lydia said.

“Hang on… So Derek Hale is meant to be 23, not 16 or 17? So are you sure it’s really him?” Malia said.

“It’s Derek. Same scent and it does look like him just…”

“He’s a baby.” I finished for Scott as I walked over to them. Derek was lying down, out cold, in the back of the Jeep. Then I got an idea.

“What is it?” Scott asked, sensing I had thought of something. The others came up, looking between Derek and I.

“Stiles… There’s a spare tyre under the mat in the back of the Jeep isn’t there?”

“Yeah…”

“You aren’t sentimental about it are you?”

“Not particularly… why…?”

“Oh god… Anna…” Scott said sceptically, catching on to what I was thinking while the others just stood there in confusion.

“What? He’s baby Derek now… He can’t take up that much room. I mean look at those biceps, they’re like half the size they were before.”

“You can’t be… are you saying…” Lydia stuttered.

“I think it’s a wonderful idea!” Stiles chimed. “It will be difficult, but I think I can stomach the pain of loosing my spare tyre. Scott, move him.” Stiles gestured towards Derek with a big grin on his face.

Malia and Kira looked at each other like they still didn’t get the plan, but I saw it click in their minds once Scott pulled Derek out, Stiles flipped the mat in the back of the Jeep over and removed his spare tyre, throwing it on the ground, leaving a circular hole in the back of the jeep.