Chapter 48 - Carnage

Third Person POV

Derek lay against the broken sandstone wall with Braedon standing over him, frewuently watching around them for any threats.

"Can you still pull a trigger?" She asked him.

"Yeah." Derek nodded through deep breaths, growing weaker by the second.

"Okay." Braedon pulled out a 38 from her belt and placed it in his shaky hands, "Stay with me, you're going to be okay."

"It's ah... mortal wound and right now... I'm feeling pretty mortal." Derek half whispered and half spoke just as a loud menacing growl erupted from inside the church, causing them both to turn their heads towards the entrance. "That was Anna."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive... kind of distinctive." He whispered, but no one said anymore as the sound of a loud truck engine and a blaring radio came into earshot from behind the sandstone wall.

"Stay down." Braedon whispered to Derek as she stood up, her rifle in hand and slowly walked over to a wall to shield herself with, ducking out of sight just in time as truck came to a screeching halt outside the church right near the Toyota. The driver turned the engine off, but left the headlights and music playing as they swang the door open and landed with a thud in the sandy ground just as a new song blasted out through the speakers. (Play media song, kind of dramatic, but I'm officially making it this character's theme song J).

Derek was just out of sight where he lay and Braedon carefully peeked around the corner, sighing in relief once she recognised the red truck and the blonde locks that stood near it. The girl held a shotgun in her right hand, cocking it swiftly before bringing it out in front of her, ready for an attack.

"Don't shoot!" Braedon called out with a smile playing on her lips as she slowly walked out of the shadows, her gun now resting easily by her side. "You always were good at making an entrance." Braedon complimented as the girl walked around to the other side of the broken sandstone wall, smirking at the brunette, but instantly freezing upon seeing Derek Hale pressed up against it, weakly holding onto a hand gun and looking up at her in pain from his wound, but also utter shock.

"You've got to be kidding me." He managed. The girl swallowed and clenched her jaw, not knowing if she should run and help him, smile or shoot him.

"You know each other?" Braedon asked, quickly walking back over to where Derek sat.

"Give me one reason one I shouldn't shoot you now?" Derek spat through a pained grunt.

The girl's face went from rigid surprise to completely neutral as her gaze lingered on something in the distance. "Because you should save your bullets for them." She replied, nodding past where they had accumulated to where two figures emerged from fog. One was a giant beast, clad in bone, the other a women with medium length hair flying out behind her.

Braedon cocked her gun as both girls aimed it at the oncoming threats.

"You really going to fight for us, Selene?" Derek asked the blonde. A wicked smile flashed across her mouth as she stared down the approaching figures.

"All I know how to do is fight, Derek."

Anna POV

"Go find Kira and Scott!" Malia had yelled at Stiles, throwing him Kira's sword, but I paid no attention as Stiles ran off.

Instead I lunged at Peter, swinging my claws out. He dodged and ducked, avoiding fighting back, but once his back hit a wall he had little choice. He finally growled and gripped hold of my oncoming wrist before grabbed the other and ripped me around so I was now pressed against the wall.