Chapter 33 - As I Lay Dying

Stiles started running, but I couldn't keep up. He started pulling me along, but I just ended up shoving him away. "Go, run."

"No, you need it too. I have to take you." He protested before wrapping my arms around his shoulder and helping me down the stairs. The rapid increase in pace caused my vision to blur and soon I was only seeing black. We reached a landing in the stairs and Stiles turned me around to go down the next one, but not seeing where the step was my foot stumbled and suddenly we were falling down the rest of the flight and crashing to the ground at the bottom. "Anna? You alright?"

"Never better." I croaked. I heard Stiles jump up and start pounding on a wall.

"Scott! Hey Scott! It's in the vault! It's in there with you! It's called Reishi mushrooms!" Stiles yelled. I scrambled back on the ground until I hit what felt like a bookshelf behind me. I felt and heard it shake, but thankfully it didn't fall on me. "Scott! Scott, open the door! It's in there with you, it's on one of the shelves in a jar!" Stiles continued to call. I felt a bubble forming in my throat and soon started coughing violently. I heard Stiles pound harder against the concrete. "Scott! Scott, can you hear me!"

"Stiles." I coughed, feeling blood on my chin that I knew would be black.

"SCOTT! Open the door!" He yelled louder, if possible, before I heard him stumble back and then felt his hand on my side where the hole was. "No, no, Anna? Anna!" Stiles was yelling.

Scott POV

"Anna!" Stiles was barely audible through the brick wall, but he heard. He closed his eyes and concentrated on her, trying to use the bond through his weakened state. Scott had collapsed by the door as Stiles was yelling, but concentrated hard and soon he felt it. She was on the other side of the door and she was dying. They were all dying. Malia was unconscious, Kira wasn't, but she was lying on the ground unable to move and Scott's vision was in and out, but his legs weren't working, but Anna was almost dead.

He knew he should have let her go out, but she was right, someone had to and at the time she was the best option. The added exercise wouldn't have helped and now Scott could feel it, a faint pain in her side. He was only just able to sense her, but it was there.

"Reishi." Scott heard Kira croak out. "Scott, I saw it. It's... it's on the shelf... near... near where we were... sitting." Kira barely managed to say before fading into unconsciousness.

Scott took a deep breath and pushed himself up, gripping onto the wall for support. He could barely see a thing with his human eyes so with another deep breath he closed them, focused, and then opened them again as they began to glow a luminous red.

Anna POV

(Play media song).

"Stiles..." I wasn't sure if he could hear it, I barely heard myself. "You know I'd chose you and Scott over Peter, right?"

"What?" I could hear a slight sob in his voice, but I couldn't see it, I couldn't see anything.

"I heard you... before... I would never..."

"Hey, hey, I know, I know. It's okay." I felt him brush back a strand of hair before I felt him turn and yell again. "Scott!!!"

I placed my right hand over his that was covering the wound on my left side, which brought his attention back to me. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? You don't have anything to be sorry for." But I do. I wanted to say, I wanted to tell him everything, but I had no energy left. I was sorry for keeping things from him and Scott, but above all I was sorry for Jake. "Anna? Anna! No, no. ANNA!!!"

Stiles POV

She wasn't moving, I didn't know if she was even breathing.

"ANNA!!!" I yelled as if it would wake her up. I started yelling out for Scott again, hoping he would open the door, hoping that they were okay inside as well. Soon I began sobbing his name. The wound in her side continued to bleed out, never showing any signs of healing. All I could do was scream shake her back and forth until eventually I just let her rest on the ground and began to scrambled backwards on the ground, tears burning down my cheeks. The yelling seemed to just keep coming now without my permission.

Only the rolling sound of the heavy doors next to me silenced the yells as Scott fell through, holding reishi mushrooms in his hand. He ignored me and quickly stumbled over to her as I crawled behind him.

"Anna?" He was saying as he held them up to her nose. "Come on, wake up." He said through panicked whispered.

"Please." I don't think Scott heard me, but I found myself whispering that word over and over again. "Please, please, please, anna..."

"Come on, don't do this. Anna!" Scott screamed with an alpha's roar and a hand shot up and grabbed at his shirt.

Anna POV

"Anna!" I heard Scott yell laced with that famous alpha touch.

I shot up gasping for air as my hand found it's way to Scott's chest, gripping hold of his shirt shakily.

"Oh my god." Stiles breathed as he scrambled over to me and wrapped me in a hug. I saw tears running down his cheeks and when I looked to Scott over Stiles' shoulder I saw the same as he stared at me. When Stiles pulled back Scott pulled me in.

When I was finally allowed my own space Stiles yelled, "Don't ever do that again!"

I chuckled a little, but immediately regretted as pain shot through my side. "Ow." I lifted up the bottom of my shirt to reveal the bullet wound that was now starting to heal. "Okay, help me up." I demanded. Scott grabbed my arms and pulled me up off the ground. I went and leant against the wall for support, still feeling a little light headed. "Okay, I'm fine, go." I waved them off to go and see Kira and Malia.

A few seconds later Malia walked out on her own, completely ignoring me. "Malia?" I asked, but she kept going. When I turned to look at Stiles in the vault he was holding the deadpool in his hand before scrunching it up. She saw. She knew.

Alriiighty then. I'm having a break, because i'm on serious overdrive right now, haha. BUT Please let me know what you though of this chapter because stuff happened and i don't think i've have that many POVS before in such a short period of time. :)

ALSO IMPORTANT.

What so far (In all of my books both I want the Bite series and Burnt) is your favourite chapter/scene because if i know what your favourite things are i can write more of that into it.