Chapter 40 - I Think I Created A Lynch Mob

"Scott if you are not here in the next five minutes I swear to god not even being my alpha will save you." I hung up after I'd left the message on Scott's phone and continued to look around for him, Liam, Malia, or Kira while also looking for any suspicious behaviour. I doubted Kira was coming, Liam definitely was and Malia may have been.

I found myself playing with the sleeves of my jacket. God I hated parties. More so now than I ever have before because it reminded me of Jake. I felt like there were a dozen pair of eyes on me as I awkwardly stood by myself near the fire, fiddling with my sleeves and glanced around obsessively.

"You looked like you could use a drink, gorgeous." A rough voice said to my right with a smirk as he held out a cup. I recognised him immediately. Michael Collins. He played football, not lacrosse and was known for womanizing, fighting, drinking and if roomers were true he occasionally liked to slip the odd roofie into drinks. I glanced at the drink he held out and, thanks to my werewolf abilities, knew that there was something off about it.

I smiled at him and took the cup before taking a step forward and pretending to stumble a little "accidently" spilling the drink on his clothes.

"Oh my, I am so sorry." I said a little over the top. "That's probably going to stain that pretty white knitted sweater of yours."

"You did that on purpose." He growled.

"Did I? Now why would I do that?" I asked innocently. He didn't respond and simply stormed away grumbling.

"You know, I was about to jump in and help you, but I should have known you could take care of that douchebag." Scott stated as he finally showed his face.

I didn't say anything before pinching his arm. "What took you so long?"

"I was getting ready." He defended, rubbing his arm.

"You're kidding. You're a guy, you only need a nice shirt... are you wearing after shave?" I questioned and then took a good look at him. "Is that... hair gel...?"

"Okay, shut up, have you seen anything?"

I chuckled. "Nwaa, little Scotty is growing up. This is for Kira, isn't it?" Scott looked away sheepishly as my grin grew. "Precious little nugget." I muttered which caused him to narrow his eyes on me.

"Nugget?"

"I could have said puppy." I shrugged with an innocent look before answering his question. "I haven't seen anything. Is Kira even coming?"

"Probably not. Is that Malia?" Scott asked nodding behind me. I spun around and sure enough there was Malia dancing with a flask in hand.

"Huh. Should we go talk to her?" I asked, but Scott didn't respond with words and instead started walking over to her. I went to follow, but got a sudden head rush and gripped hold of Scott's shoulder for support.

"Whoa, you okay?"

"Yeah." I shook my head and regained my balance. "That was weird." Scott stared at me for a moment. "I'm fine, Scotty, it was just a head rush, come on." I grabbed his hand and pulled him over to Malia.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Scott asked Malia once we'd reached her.

"Getting drunk." She said as she held up her flask. "What are you doing here?"

"Trying to make sure no-one gets hurt."

"That sounds like fun too." She said back.

"I don't want to ruin your night or anything, but we kind of can't get drunk." Scott said to her.