Chapter 41 - The Big Reveal

The image is of Anna and what she was wearing at the party, i forgot to post it earlier.

"How are you feeling?" Jordan asked me. It had been about half an hour since we'd left the party and we were now getting close to Eichen House.

"Better. Thank-you, by the way."

"For what?"

"Picking me up."

Jordan smiled. "Not a problem. You heard anything from Scott yet?"

"No." I shook my head.

"I'm sure they'll be fine. Scott didn't seem to bad when we left."

"Yeah, he hadn't been there long... and he's the alpha." I shrugged. I jumped a little when my phone started to ring, but not because it shocked me so much as I was waiting for the call. However, it was Liam's number not Scott. "Liam?"

"No, It's Mason. The security guards took him and Malia."

"Security guards?"

"Yeah and they wouldn't let me go with them, they shoved me away. I went to find Scott, but he's gone. Liam gave me his phone earlier so he wouldn't drunk dial anyone, what do I do?"

"Okay, Mason. You need to shut the music down. I felt better once I was away from it."

"I don't understand, how is the music..."

"Mason, please!" I begged, not really having enough time to explain.

"Alright."

"Don't hang up the phone." I added and he agreed.

I could faintly hear the music playing through my phone and I was beginning to feel light headed again. It must have been something with the frequencies. Only something the supernatural could pick up. I still couldn't read Scott through the connection and that was now more to do with him than me.

"What's happening?" Jordan asked.

"Mason is shutting down the music, he can't find Scott, and Liam and Malia were taken."

I heard Mason grunt on the other end just as the music was cut out. "I did it!" He said into the phone.

The connection cleared up almost instantly and I felt Scott suddenly feeling strong again. "Alright, Scott can take care of the rest. Wait a bit before you try and find them." I added, not wanting Mason to get caught in the middle of a fight between werewolves and assassins.

"Okay." He said through deep breaths before hanging up.

I only realised my breathing was heavy once I'd put my phone away and slouched back down into the car seat. "He did it?"

"Yeah, they should be fine. I can feel Scott, he's recovering."

"Is that an alpha beta thing?"

"No... it's a ah... it's..."

"Complicated?"

I laughed. "Very. It's a connection, like a bond I guess. Scott can sense me and vice versa. We can find the other person, we can't give an exact location, but we can sense roughly how far away and what direction. Then there's also a sense of the other's emotions."

"What caused it?" Jordan asked curiously.

"Deaton did it. I don't know specifics, I was unconscious, but I assume it had something to do with mistletoe, aconite or mountain ash and a memory. Scott had to pick a memory or something, I don't know."

"So you did it on purpose. For what reason?" I didn't answer for a long time and found myself staring out the window. "Anna?"

"You know that I'm not just a werewolf, right?"

"Yeah, half Nix or something."

"Yeah, well I don't suppose you know much about them."

"Not really, no."

"Long story short... I went a little... evil. I couldn't control it and the only way to supress that side of me was to link myself to Scott and he could help me. Those bad dreams... it has to do with my Nix side trying to come back out, but Scott stops them."

"There's a lot more than that, isn't there?"

"More than I like admitting to. I should probably tell you one thing though... when my father died, that was the turning point. I shut off my emotion and it didn't come back on until the night Aiden died. I remember everything when I wasn't... I don't like saying when I wasn't me, because I was, just... not." I shook my head over my lame explanation. "Anyway, the ah... breakdown I had in the station after the explosion..."

"That wasn't real?" He asked, shocked.

"No." I whispered. "That was just an example of what happens when I get bored as indifferent me. The party I threw is another example."

"So is that the real reason why you don't like parties?" He asked.

I laughed a little. "Yes... but for the record I'm also not fond of drunk lacrosse players. Actually no, after tonight I'm changing my statement. Lacrosse players I can handle. Football players are a whole other ball game... no pun intended." I added on the end once I'd realised what I'd said and Jordan chuckled.

"But either way you can still kick their ass?" He asked with a smirk.

"Oh absolutely, darling." I said in a proper posh accident that changed his smirk into a smile.

"We're here." He stated just as he stopped the car outside the gates of Eichen House.

I sighed. "I hate this place. If you ask me it's more likely to send people mad than help them."

"Couldn't agree more. Come on." Jordan got out of the car and headed for the gate as I followed behind.

We got through easily enough thanks to Mr Deputy and he had managed to convince the night staff to let us go on our own for their own safety. It was hard due to the mingled scents in this place, but I managed to lock onto Stiles and Lydia's and followed it down to one of the basement levels.

"Sadly Stiles, I don't have any unusual talents like Lydia, but somehow... I just knew we would get a chance to do this again." I heard Brunski's voice in the distance and picked up the pace.

"In there." I said as I opened the door and Jordan ran out in front of me with his gun pointed and read.

"Drop it!" He demanded just as Brunski was about to jam a syringe in Lydia's neck. "Take your thumb off that needle and slowly step back."

"Young deputy... you're just a kid. I bet you've never even fired a gun." He said and went to jam the needle into Lydia's neck again, but Jordan pulled the trigger before he could and the fell onto his back and didn't move, but he wasn't dead.

I ran to Lydia and began to untie her. "He... he killed my grandmother." She muttered just loud enough for everyone to hear. By the time I'd undid Lydia's restraints Jordan had also freed Stiles. "He was controlling Meredith." Lydia explained as we got to our feet.

"He used her to create the deadpool." Stiles added. Jordan continued to point the gun at Brunski, just in case.

"And he killed her when she tried to help us."

Brunski suddenly went to laugh and blood spluttered out of his mouth making me cringe. "You think it was me." He said in a small voice. "That I was con... controlling her..." He said through gasps and then laughed again. "She was... controlling me." He whispered just as his body went limp and his head fell to the side, eyes still wide.

"Oh god. It's not him. He wasn't the Benefactor." Lydia stated.

"No." A familiar, fragile feminine voice echoed around the room just as Meredith walked over to us, coming out of some hiding place. "And he wasn't on my list." She stated. "But he was a bad person."