38

Luke woke up in a hospital bed.

The first thing he noticed was how loud it was in the room, like everyone that was in there was yelling at each other. Luke slowly opened his eyes and sat up a little, even though it kind of hurt for him to move.

"Calum, look, he's alive!" Michael said and pointed to Luke, who was still confused. He couldn't remember how he got there or why he was in the hospital or what happened to him the night before.

"He's been alive this whole time, you idiot!" Calum yelled. He slapped Michael on the back of the head, making Michael let out a big groan.

"Can you two stop yelling, please?" Ashton yelled, standing up from a chair on the other side of the hospital room.

"He started it!" Calum and Michael both yelled, pointing at each other.

"Shut up!" Ashley, who was the last person Luke expected to see there, stood up, walking over to where the other boys were standing.

Luke sat there silently and watched his friends argue with each other, still wondering how he got there and why he was in a hospital bed with all of these weird tubes hooked up to him. The last thing he remembered was walking from Ashton's house to Ashley's, but after that there was nothing.

"Can someone go get his mom and tell her that he's awake?" Ashton asked, taking charge of the situation like he normally did.

"I'll do it." Calum said and began to make his way towards the door, but Michael grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him back.

"I'll do it." Michael insisted.

"Both of you do it, oh my God." Ashley groaned, rolling her eyes.

"Fine." Michael snapped, glaring at Ashley as he and Calum walked out of the hospital room and into the hall.

Ashton and Ashley just sat there and stared at Luke, who still hadn't said anything. He was confused, he wished that one of them would just tell him what was going on.

"How are you feeling?" Ashton finally spoke, breaking the silence. He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, seeming a little uncomfortable. Luke was also uncomfortable, he had no idea what happened.

"Uh, I'm confused." Luke said slowly.

"You passed out." Ashley informed him, barely making eye contact with Luke as she spoke.

"Yeah, I figured that out." Luke said sarcasitcally. He didn't know what had happened, but he did know that he was still mad at Ashley for what she did.

"Sorry." Ashley mumbled.

"I'm going to go see if I can find something to eat." Ashton said slowly, beginning to back out of the room. "Do either of you want anything?"

"I'm good." Luke and Ashley said at the same time. Ashton nodded and walked out of the room, leaving Ashley and Luke alone.

"I'm sorry." Ashley said as soon as Ashton was gone, walking over and shutting the door. "I got scared, I called an ambulance and they took you back here and you got your stomach pumped."

"Okay." Luke nodded slowly, not knowing what else he was supposed to say. He was more mad at Ashley than anything else, and he wasn't taking the time to think about the fact that she'd probably saved his life by getting him to the hospital. He was just mad at everything.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" Ashley asked, pulling up a chair next to the hospital bed and sitting down next to Luke.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Luke grumbled, folding his arms across his chest. "I really wish you wouldn't have brought me here, though."