34

The worst thing that Luke could have possibly done that night was go over to Ashton's house. But of course that's exactly what he did.

Waking up and seeing that Ashley wasn't there next to him hurt more than anything, and Luke didn't know why. He shouldn't have been so upset, this was all a lie, it shouldn't have mattered to him.

He just thought she really loved him. Luke didn't think that Ashley was mean enough to do something so horrible to him, he loved her so much and was stupid enough to believe that Ashley loved him in return.

As soon as Luke ended his call with Ashley he decided that he needed to leave. He needed to get out of his house and distract himself from what just happened. So he stole another bottle of wine from where his mom kept it and left, heading straight to Ashton's house.

Luke wasn't sure why he chose to go to Ashton's house. He figured that it was the best and only place he could go right now. Michael was an asshole and was probably having sex with Ashley and Calum was always too focused on his girlfriend (yes, they were back together) to pay any attention to Luke.

He took a big sip from the bottle of wine as he walked down the street, hoping to get drunk enough so he couldn't remember anything that had happened tonight.

He still couldn't believe that Ashley had done that. Luke felt like maybe it was just a joke, and someone was going to call him in 5 minutes and tell him to be such a wimp. But it wasn't a joke, and no one was going to call, and all of Luke's friends were assholes who didn't care about anything but his sex life. Who pays someone to take another person's virginity anyway?

Luke didn't know how, but somehow he made it over to Ashton's house while he was all drunk and crying. It was late and night and a small part of him was scared that he'd get yelled at for coming over at this time, but the rest of him didn't care. He just needed someone to talk to.

He walked up to Ashton's front door and rang the doorbell, waiting patiently and taking another sip from the almost empty bottle of wine. Sure, the bottle was already half empty when he got it, but Luke had drank most of it and still wasn't feeling anything. He didn't even feel drunk, he needed more.

Ashton didn't answer the door. It was Charlie, standing there with a confused look on her face as she watched Luke push past her and enter the house without even being invited in.

"Luke, what are you doing here?" Charlie asked, probably noticing how awful he looked.

"Is Ashton here?" Luke questioned, taking a look around the living room. He slowly walked into the kitchen, finding that empty as well.

"Yeah, but he actually just fell asleep in the basement." Charlie said, keeping her distance from Luke. He set the empty wine bottle down on the kitchen table, feeling that maybe it was a good thing if he didn't have any more - for now.

"Are his parents here?" Luke asked. He turned around and faced Charlie, who still looked scared.

"No, they're at this... It's kind of hard to explain, actually, Ashton can tell you about it - " Charlie began to explain, but Luke didn't really care. All he cares about was whether or not they were alone in the house.

"Alright." Luke nodded, cutting Charlie off.

"Luke, what's wrong?" Charlie asked, finally taking a few steps forward.

Luke's bottom lip trembled as he tried to keep all of his tears in, not wanting to be the dumb kid that cries all the time anymore. "Ashley and I broke up." He choked out, pulling out a chair for himself at the table and sitting down.

"Aw, Luke, I'm sorry." Charlie sighed and took a seat next to Luke, reaching over and grabbing one of his hands.

"We had sex for the first time tonight, too." Luke said quietly, looking down at their hands as Charlie intertwined their fingers together.