07

Luke actually felt pretty good about going back to school the next Monday, because he wasn't sure how much more of Ashton he could take.

People still acted weird around Luke when he came back. Girls still tried to flirt with him, guys still gave him high fives as he walked down the halls. He didn't know why, though, because all Luke really did was run around naked for a few minutes.

Everywhere he went, he heard "hi Luke", "good job Luke" and "Luke, come to my party next weekend". He was bored and wished that people would just forget about this whole streaking thing. Luke almost liked it better when people didn't know who he was.

By second period Luke was already beyond annoyed with everyone around him, including his friends. He was on his way to his third period class, English, which he usually walked to with Calum, but Calum was being annoying.

"Have you seen Amy?" Calum asked, frantically looking around the hallway as he approached Luke.

"No." Luke shook his head, crinkling his nose.

"I need to find her." Calum sighed. He hadn't even bothered saying hello to Luke, which was really annoying. Luke needed to vent to someone and usually Calum was there for him, but not today.

"What'd you do?" Luke asked, sounding bored with whatever Calum had to say already.

"I was acting like an idiot and now she's mad at me." Calum groaned, running his fingers through his hair.

"Oh, what happened?" Luke chuckled. He was just a little interested now, because it was rare that Calum's girlfriend was actually mad at him. They never got mad at each other and they hardly ever argued about anything, so Luke thought that it was funny when stuff like this happened.

"It's not a big deal, really." Calum shook his head.

"Are you sure? It seems like kind of a big deal." Luke questioned, walking faster to try and keep up with his friend.

"You wouldn't get it, Luke." Calum sighed.

"Maybe I would." Luke shrugged. He wasn't the best at advice, but he could try to help his friend. Calum was obviously pretty upset about whatever had happened, Luke didn't want Calum to be sad.

"No, you wouldn't." Calum refused.

"I might - "

"You've never even had a girlfriend, Luke, you won't understand what I'm going through." Calum snapped, cutting Luke off. He must have seen Amy from across the hallway because then Calum took off running, not even saying goodbye to Luke. "Amy! Babe!"

"I hate my life." Luke said. He had lost track of how many times he'd said the same thing during the day.

"Hey, Luke!" Michael yelled from behind him. Luke turned around, thankful for once that Michael was here and they could walk to class together.

"Hey, Michael, I'm - " Luke was beginning to tell Michael just how happy he was that he'd shown up, but quickly stopped himself.

Michael was leaning up against a locker and had a girl standing with him, his arms wrapped around her waist as she kissed up his neck. Typical Michael behavior.

"Luke, I won't be in English today!" Michael laughed, placing his hands on the girls hips and pulling her closer to him. He brought his lips to hers and kissed her for a moment before looking back to Luke. "I have some, uh, business, to take care of."

"Oh, Jesus Christ." Luke mumbled to himself, rolling his eyes and turning away from Michael.

He walked to his English classroom alone, once again ignoring everyone that tried to talk to him as he did. Luke made his way straight to his desk, not making eye contact with his teacher that still didn't know his name. Luke was the first one in the classroom, since everyone else was still out in the halls talking to their friends.