37

"I hate myself." Luke slurred, taking another sip from the bottle of vodka.

He was at Ashton's house, even though it wasn't the best idea for Luke to hang out around there. Ashton had invited Luke and their other friends over because they hadn't seen each other for a while, but at the moment Luke was the only one there.

He was terrified that he was going to get beat up for what he did with Charlie, but Ashton had given Luke something to drink and at this point he was too drunk to even know what he was saying.

"Luke, stop saying that." Ashton sighed. He was staring down at his phone and texting rather than paying attention to Luke, which was all he really wanted.

"I just fuck up, that's all I do." Luke whined and slouched down on the couch, drinking more of his almost empty bottle.

"Give me the bottle." Ashton held his hand out but Luke just shook his head. He felt better when he had a drink, he didn't want to give it up.

"I hate myself so much." Luke repeated, shaking his head. He was so upset with himself and he didn't even really know why.

"Luke, please, I'm worried about you." Ashton sighed again and tried to grab the bottle from Luke, but he continued to hold it close to him so Ashton couldn't reach it.

"I'm so drunk, oh my God I'm drunk." Luke said and stood up from the couch, almost immediately falling over and landing back on the couch.

"Give me the bottle, please." Ashton said, raising his voice a little this time, and Luke slowly handed over the bottle, giggling to himself because now it was all gone.

"There's something I need to tell you, and you're going to hate me for it too." Luke sat up and stared intently at Ashton, waiting for him to respond in some way.

He didn't know what he was saying or doing. Luke was so drunk that he could barely see straight, he couldn't even remember why he was there at Ashton's house in the first place. Did he invite himself over or did Ashton invite him? Where was everyone else? Wasn't Charlie supposed to be there?

"Okay, go ahead." Ashton nodded, waiting patiently for Luke to speak. He probably didn't think there was anything wrong, he probably didn't think that Luke was going to say anything important.

"I fucked Charlie." Luke blurted out, a small smile on his face. "Like, I really fucked her. Hard. I fucked her right after Ashley and I broke up, and you were in the basement sleeping the whole time."

"Oh, very funny." Ashton rolled his eyes and leaned back in the couch, not phased by what Luke had just said at all.

"I'm telling the truth." Luke insisted. He didn't understand why Ashton wouldn't believe him, he was telling him exactly what had happened.

"You're drunk." Ashton chuckled, shaking his head.

"I fucked your girlfriend! I fucked your girlfriend, why aren't you upset?" Luke whined, wondering why Ashton did seem mad at all. He was just sitting there, like he didn't even care.

"She's not my girlfriend anymore." Ashton shrugged. He bit down on his bottom lip. And now Luke could tell that he was getting upset.

"But you love her." Luke reminded Ashton while giggling to himself, a big smile on his face again.

"Yeah, I do love her." Ashton nodded, wiping under his eyes. "But I guess she doesn't love me anymore and if she wants to have sex with you then she can have sex with you. It's okay."

"You're crying." Luke noticed the tears running down Ashton's face and let out a drunken giggle again, happy that he was finally getting a reaction.