13

Luke woke up the next morning with Ashley practically on top of him again, her arms wrapped around his bare torso.

He stayed still, not wanting to make any sudden movements to wake Ashley. Usually Luke would have gotten up and not cared if Ashley woke up after him or not, but today was different. Luke didn't mind laying in bed with her for some extra time today.

After a while Ashley finally began to stir awake, and Luke looked away to pretend that he hadn't been staring at Ashley while she slept. She rubbed her eyes and looked up at Luke, her cheeks tinting pink as she realized how close they'd been to each other.

"Hi." Luke whispered.

"Hi." Ashley laughed. She untangled herself from Luke and rolled onto the other side of the bed.

"Did you sleep alright?" Luke questioned. He pulled the blankets up a the way again, trying to shield himself from how cold it was in his room.

"Yeah." Ashley shrugged.

"That's good." Luke smiled, turning to look at Ashley. Her hair was messy and she had some makeup smudged under her eyes but she still looked good which made Luke feel a little bad because he probably looked like death at the moment.

"What about you? Do you feel better?" Ashley asked. She rolled onto her stomach and propped her head up with her hands, getting s better view of Luke.

"My head hurts a little, but it's nothing I'm not used to." Luke sighed. "This is what usually happens."

"Do you want me to get you anything?" Ashley asked, already moving to get out of bed and get Luke something to make his head feel better.

"No." Luke shook his head. He reached out and grabbed Ashley's hand, pulling her back to bed. "Stay."

"Okay." Ashley nodded, her voice dropping down to a whisper. She crawled closer and rested her chin on Luke's chest so she was looking right at him, their faces only inches apart.

"I had this really weird dream last night, actually." Luke chuckled. "There were these dancing fish and they were all eating Popsicles."

"Oh my God, are you sure you weren't drugged?" Ashley laughed loudly, covering her mouth.

"I was definitely not drugged." Luke giggled.

"Well, your dream was definitely not normal." Ashley sighed, rolling her eyes.

"You know," Luke started, clearing his throat. "I meant what I said last night."

"What are you talking about?" Ashley chuckled. "You said a lot of things, Luke."

"I think you're my best friend." Luke repeated. He really did mean it, Ashley was the best friend that Luke had. Calum and Michael and Ashton used to be Luke's best friends until recently, when they decided that his sex life was more important that anything else. Now they were just jerks, and they hardly even spoke unless it was something involving Luke's virginity.

"Alright." Ashley nodded, a small smile forming across her lips. "I think you're my best friend too."

"Really? But, you have so many other friends!" Luke said, surprised that Ashley felt the same way.

"Not really. I have, like, two friends that I actually like and then there are these two other girls that hang out with us sometimes." Ashley shrugged. "I only like Becca and Kristie."

"Becca's the one with pink hair, right?" Luke asked. He thought that Becca was in his math class, only he wasn't really sure because Luke sat up in the front of the room and Becca sat in the back.