28

"Okay, okay, okay, but then she took her shirt off and - hold on, let me get more..." Luke trailed off. He was at Michael's house and already drunk, having broken his promise to Ashley yet again.

Michael passed Luke the bottle of vodka, watching him take another big sip before encouraging him to continue his story.

"Then she was sitting on my lap, did I say that already? I don't know, but she was on my lap and-and-and we were kissing, yeah!" Luke said excitedly, remembering what he was talking about.

"Okay, then what?" Michael asked. He really wasn't that interested in what Luke had to say, he was just enjoying Luke making a drunk fool out of himself again.

"Well we were kissing a lot and then Ashley unzipped my pants but, like, before we could do anything...before we could do anything her stepmom came home and caught us." Luke said, letting out a nervous chuckle.

"Oh my god, Helen?" Michael asked, laughing loudly to himself. "What'd she say?"

"She wasn't really mad at all. I don't think she was." Luke mumbled, playing around with the end of his shirt. "She wasn't mad, but Ashley was really mad."

"Oh yeah, Ashley hates Helen." Michael said, laughing again.

"She hates Helen." Luke nodded, agreeing with Michael. "So Ashley yelled at her and then we went back upstairs and she took me into the bathroom and we did stuff."

"Alright, what kind of stuff?" Michael asked.

"Well, I, uh, we kind of..." Luke trailed off, because he wasn't sure if he should tell Michael what him and Ashley did. It was their relationship and really none of Michael's business, so he didn't think it was a good idea to say anything. It was private stuff and he didn't think Ashley would appreciate him telling Michael.

"Come on, tell me." Michael urged Luke on, elbowing him in the side.

"It doesn't really matter." Luke shrugged. He and Ashley hadn't gotten any further than they'd gotten before, but Luke was okay with that. He was working really hard on trying not to push Ashley to do anything she didn't want to do.

"Yes it does, Luke!" Michael laughed sarcastically. "Come on, tell me how far you guys went!"

"Well I didn't do anything to her." Luke said, beginning to feel kind of nervous. He knew that Michael was going to convince him to tell no matter how hard Luke tried to stall it.

"Luke, seriously? I thought I told you that you have to return the favor!" Michael groaned. "You can't expect her to do all of the work every time."

"No she's not." Luke pouted, shaking his head. He tried to take another sip of the vodka but realized that there was none left in the bottle Michael had given him. "Can I have more?"

"Yeah." Michael nodded and got up off of the couch, returning a few seconds later with some more alcohol. "So, as I was saying - "

"She's not going to get bored of me." Luke said, grabbing the bottle from Michael's hand and drank some more. "She hasn't even asked me to do anything to her yet."

"Because she doesn't want to ask!" Michael said, rolling his eyes. "She probably thinks that if she asks you she'll seem desperate!"

"No she won't." Luke shook his head again, his words slurred. "She'll ask when she's ready, and she's obviously not ready now so I'm not going to force her to do anything. I'm not like you."

"Fine, I guess you're right." Michael sighed.

"Really?" Luke asked. He didn't think that Michael was going to give up that easily, but maybe he'd gotten through to him somehow without even realizing.